1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is it safe to delete sdcard/0?

I recently rommed to a 4.2 rom and went back to a 4.1.2 rom, and I noticed I now have 2 storages sort of, one is marked sdcard/0 and the other is what I believe to be my regular storage

From my understanding this is because 4.2 contains a multi user feature and it causes this to happen because of it, and the sd card 0 contained files I originally had installed and all my backups

While the other storage didn't have my nandroid backups or anything. I now have moved the nandroids from cmw as well as the twrp folder to my 'regular' storage

So my question is, can I now delete the sdcard 0 folder? Or should I just leave it alone

Thanks in advance, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has come across this issue
    Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2, because there is no PacMan rom for the nexus
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is it safe to delete sdcard/0?-uploadfromtaptalk1356840844478.jpg  
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Is it safe to delete sdcard/0?

Also, is it safe to delete the legacy and obb folders as well? Thx in advance

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2, because there is no PacMan rom for the nexus
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

Sdcard/0 is internal storage on JB... exsdcsrd is the external. Not sure why they did this. I hate it

sent from Galaxy Note 2
    Razr ics rooted
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by kgk1985 View Post
    Sdcard/0 is internal storage on JB... exsdcsrd is the external. Not sure why they did this. I hate it

sent from Galaxy Note 2
    I hear this has to do with 4.2 and that sdcsrd/0 is just a duplicate of your regular internal storage and has the exact same files, except that sdcard 0 has your backups while sdcard regular has 0 backups

Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    I hear this has to do with 4.2 and that sdcsrd/0 is just a duplicate of your regular internal storage and has the exact same files, except that sdcard 0 has your backups while sdcard regular has 0 backups

Nope, /sdcard/0 is your sdcard data. Before 4.2 it was just in /sdcard. If you have multiple users on the device there will be a /sdcard/1 etc. I don't advise deleting it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Nexus 4 / Nexus 7 / Transformer Prime
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I went back to 4.1.2,so I no longer need that section. And copied my backups back to my regular sdcard

I decided to delete sdcard 0 and everything is fine

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    I went back to 4.1.2,so I no longer need that section. And copied my backups back to my regular sdcard

I decided to delete sdcard 0 and everything is fine

Ah, yeah... Didn't catch that bit. No reason for it on 4.1.2

Nexus 4 / Nexus 7 / Transformer Prime
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by digitalslacker View Post
    Ah, yeah... Didn't catch that bit. No reason for it on 4.1.2

Oh ok, thanks

What about the obb and legacy folders?