make dictionaries and apps work together

daniellesuetens

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to android and recently got me a nexus 7. I have a very practical question: I'm using the Financial Times app to read that newspaper but since English is not my native language I want to look up a word in the dictionary from time to time. I installed the app from Dictionary and Thesaurus - Merriam-Webster Online but how do I easily get a translation of a word while reading an article? While reading I can long tap a word, then copy it to the clipboard then open the dictionary app and then paste the clipboard, check the word and then switch back to the article but I suppose there is a faster -less tapping intensive way- way to do this?

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to android and recently got me a nexus 7. I have a very practical question: I'm using the Financial Times app to read that newspaper but since English is not my native language I want to look up a word in the dictionary from time to time. I installed the app from Dictionary and Thesaurus - Merriam-Webster Online but how do I easily get a translation of a word while reading an article? While reading I can long tap a word, then copy it to the clipboard then open the dictionary app and then paste the clipboard, check the word and then switch back to the article but I suppose there is a faster -less tapping intensive way- way to do this?

I believe Google Play Books has a feature with an in-app dictionary, but I don't think there's an easier way in this situation. But how, in any way, does this topic relate to rooting, ROMs, and hacks? Unless you're wondering if there's a way to easily perform the action with a root-only app.