Can't flash any kernels with TWRP

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Title says it all, really. Any kernel ZIP I download doesn't show up in TWRP. ROM zips show up fine. Any thoughts on this?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Still not sure why this is. I tried deleting the TWRP folder and reflashing, still broken. However, I can ADB push the ZIP files while in recovery and they show up. This is really strange.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
That's an odd one.. so now they will show up and you can flash them in recovery, but only if you push them while in recovery already? If not you could at least fastboot a kernel if needed, no?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Still not sure why this is. I tried deleting the TWRP folder and reflashing, still broken. However, I can ADB push the ZIP files while in recovery and they show up. This is really strange.

Cole , can you please link me to the download of the kernel you are trying to use.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
That's an odd one.. so now they will show up and you can flash them in recovery, but only if you push them while in recovery already? If not you could at least fastboot a kernel if needed, no?

That's correct.

Cole , can you please link me to the download of the kernel you are trying to use.

Any kernel. Tried three different ones.

I was going to try a full factory restore and wipe but i am running everything set up just the way i like and don't want to go through setting up again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
That's correct.

Any kernel. Tried three different ones.

I was going to try a full factory restore and wipe but i am running everything set up just the way i like and don't want to go through setting up again.

Couple more questions, is this the most up to date TWRP ver.? Have you tried downloading the kernel directly to the phone from tapatalk ?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes, this is the latest version. Both downloading directly to my tablet and downloading on my PC and then copying over exhibit the same behavior.

The only way i can get them to show up is an ADB push while in recovery.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes, this is the latest version. Both downloading directly to my tablet and downloading on my PC and then copying over exhibit the same behavior.

The only way i can get them to show up is an ADB push while in recovery.

Cole can you take one of the rom files view and delete the guts out of it (using 7zip, dont decompresd) so its a dummy zip file... Then boot into recovery see if you see the zip. Don't flash it of course.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet