- 1 Posts
Nexu 7 as USB OTG host
I am writing a Java program where I want the Nexus 7 to act as a USB host for a custom USB device. It would seem I need an OTG cable, but the Nexus 7 has a micro B type connector. It is my understanding that an OTG connector is type A, which will not fit into a micro B slot. The documentation for the Nexus 7 says it can serve as a USB host. Is there a micro B type OTG cable?
- 01-20-2013, 08:48 PM #2
- 01-25-2013, 12:11 PM #3
- 89 Posts
Re: Nexu 7 as USB OTG host
I mistakenly purchased a micro B type cable and it is not compatible with the N7. The N7 has a standard microusb connection as do the OTG-usb cables. The micro B type cable seems to have a microusb port and another smaller port beside it. Go to Amazon or Newegg, etc. and look at the cable types. You will see that the cable that came with the N7 is the standard microusb.
- By Cyrilmak in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 2Last Post: 02-22-2013, 05:30 AM
- By PhotoMasterGreg in forum Epic 4G Touch AccessoriesReplies: 4Last Post: 08-02-2012, 01:51 PM
- By Android Addict in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 16Last Post: 08-14-2011, 08:28 PM
- By milominderbinder in forum Samsung Galaxy S IIReplies: 2Last Post: 05-11-2011, 07:24 PM
- By jpattersonlee in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 11Last Post: 04-18-2011, 09:44 PM