What do I do now?

caymancouple

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Nexus 7 just quit charging unless the unit is off and even then sometimes it won't charge. I went to settings and did a factory reset. Still the same thing. Charges when off. So now what do I do?
I do have it unlocked and rooted so I could install stickmount. I am very much a newbie on these sort of things. Can anyone advise me on what to do now? Thanks..

forgot to add my computer does not "see" it. Will charge from the computer when off, but does not show up in "My Computer" when on
Have also done the holding down of all 3 side buttons and do an off from that option
have also pulled the back off and unplugged the battery and waited about 15 minutes.

Last edited:

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a hardware issue. Can adb and/or fastboot see the tablet? As in, do you get a response using:
adb devices
when booted up, or
fastboot devices
when in the bootloader?

If you can at least get it from the bootloader I'd do a factory image restore, and if it's still not working right send it in for replacement/fixing.

caymancouple

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a hardware issue. Can adb and/or fastboot see the tablet? As in, do you get a response using:
adb devices
when booted up, or
fastboot devices
when in the bootloader?

If you can at least get it from the bootloader I'd do a factory image restore, and if it's still not working right send it in for replacement/fixing.
I hate to admit this, but I don't understand any of these questions.....
To 2defmouze, I did find your video and instructions on undoing root and relocking, but that is when I found out my computer does not see the unit.
Ginny

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1