Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock/Franco

Default windows 8 issues with adb in bootloader

I have been working for a few hours trying to figure this out but I am out of ideas. here is whats going on:

I recently upgraded to windows 8 from 7. everything worked fine on 7. I could run adb commands fast boot ect in normal boot, boot loader, and stock recovery.
    (rooted running francos kernel)

so I saw there was an update and since I have manually updated before I figured it would take me 5 min and id flash it via the stock recovery and adb. well as soon as I got to recovery (power + vol up) update from adb_> adb sideload 4.2.2.zip I got adb device not found.
    ok so I figured maybe my sdk tools where out of date. updated tried again. same thing. I rebooted normally. and ran adb reboot bootloader -. rebooted to bootloader. so from there again I tried adb reboot recovery-. adb device not found. so I made sure and did fastboot reboot-bootloader -. bootloader reboots.

after that I spent 3 hours installing and uninstalling drivers. all of them had the same effect. adb commands work when booted into android but not in boot loader or recovery. ( I did put windows 8 into test mode when working with the drivers) I tried the new naked .72 driver, the raw drivers, samsungs nexus drivers, the universal google sdk drivers, asus's windows drivers (that supposedly works on w8)

I just plugged in my Gnex and same thing is happening with that.

im at a loss. I dont know what do do short of down grading back to windows 7. :
    Devices: Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

ROM
    Stock/Franco

Default Re: windows 8 issues with adb in bootloader

thinking of installing linux and duel booting. so I can run the command lines and not be dead in the water until someone figures out of to get these drivers working.

I am having the same exact problem in Win 7.

I've read that thre may be an issue with the device ID not registering through the USB driver, requiring a manual edit of the winusb.inf file - I've added my hardware ID to the winusb.inf file to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysus View Post
    I've added my hardware ID to the winusb.inf file to no avail.
    yeah, so that did the trick, I added the wrong ID the first time.

Check this out for more info: Fixing adb "Device not found" with Nexus 7/Android devices in Recovery Mode
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Stock/Franco

what exactly did you add to that and where? I tried to copy what they did last night but it didnt work. or it could have been 1am and I was just messing up..

I added my recovery hardware id (found in my windows device manager) to a new CompositeAdbInterface winusb.inf in the Nexus 7 section.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    Stock/Franco

Got it I'll give it a try after work Tm. I'm assuming doing the same thing with my gnex will fix my phone as well.