Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    ROM
    it changes so much

Default Multirom

Have you tried multirom yet? I am running it on my sixteen GB n7 and I have to say it is awesome. I highly recommend it for the flashaholics out there. Even just to run multiple android ROMs, in case you don't feel comfortable running other Linux distros on your tablet. If you run Linux on your desktop/laptop or have ever run multiple OS's on the same box you'll love the "grubish" type boot menu that greets you at start up!

** these are just words **
    beamed from the mothership...
    but its only a proxy for my
    lubuntu 12.04

Default Re: Multirom

I have thr multi rom recovery courtesy of tassadar. Its awesome. What rims do you have and what are your favs and why

sent from my 1920 overclocked note 2 running jedi xp11 rom
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    ROM
    it changes so much

I'm running latest cm nightly and a stock ROM with tablet ui installed and smaller DPI mod

lubuntu 12.04

Quote Originally Posted by A-android-B View Post
    I'm running latest cm nightly and a stock ROM with tablet ui installed and smaller DPI mod

Im running
    Jellybam 7.0
    Smoothrom 5.0
    Cm 10.1
    Aokp
    Pa
    Rootbox
    Revolt
    Ubuntu
    And a couple others im going to delete
    Jellybam is by far my fav

sent from my 1920 overclocked note 2 running jedi xp11 rom
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    ROM
    it changes so much

Wicked sweet isn't it? Are all your ROMs using the same kernel?

lubuntu 12.04

Quote Originally Posted by A-android-B View Post
    Wicked sweet isn't it? Are all your ROMs using the same kernel?

Yes all using cm 10.1 kexec

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Did you know you can play pong on the MultiROM Screen?
    Just click "MultiRom" instead of "Boot" before you chose a ROM (if you have autoboot enabled click the screen first to cancel the boot)

I running the Kexec with the saucy-preinstalled-desktop (Modified version of Ubuntu) and PA (Paranoid Android)

Posted via the amazing Android Central App

please could you link me to some tutorials on how to set this up? Also is it possible to boot distros like liberte or tails?

EDIT: OK I have installed multirom that is extremely cool. And you can boot off USB too? This is an amazing development!
    Last edited by Philip k Dick; 06-20-2013 at 07:35 PM.

OK, can anyone tell me how to flash Gapps to a secondary ROM, or at least get the playstore ? Or is there a way to install my TiBu update zip onto one of the new ROMs? I want to set up stuff on Cyanogen mod but at the moment can't do much as no play store.nor anyway of restoring backup. I guess I can use browser based play store but is this only way?
    Also, it seems you install the prepared Linux distros differently, by flashing the zip in recovery, rather than using Advanced>Multirom in recovery?

Hmmmm. When booted into a ROM other than my main one, I'm having trouble getting started with installing apps. I have tried downloading and installing a play store .apk, but when I launch it it just crashes.
    Even when I go to play store through browser, I sign in and try to download TiBu so I can restore some apps. After completing it says "this app will be downloaded to your device shortly". Nothing happens until I boot back into main ROM, when it downloads. I think its because I am not signed in on device in the multi boot ROM, but I can't work out how to do this. The usual setup screens are not present when you first boot into a new ROM?
    Any help would be great. I am so impressed with multirom, but I want to be able to add stuff to my new ROMs. How do I get the play store on one of my subsidiary ROMs?
    Last edited by Philip k Dick; 06-21-2013 at 02:21 AM.

If you go to your Modified TWRP Recovery and go to ''advanced'' and then ''MultiROM'' and click ''List Roms'' you can access the menu to flash GAPPS, which is from the looks of it, is the problem you are having.

You will have to download (if your ROM provider doesn't have a specific one to download) GAPPS yourself. If you are unsure how to go about this; I recommended the (FREE) GooManager app from Google Play. Download the app on your main ROM and open it and click on ''Download GAPPS packages'' and click yes for automatic download, or if you have a favourite GAPPS or you want to do it yourself, click no and pick a package.

If your ROM provider has specific GAPPS just click on ''Browse Compatible ROMS'' and go down the list until you find your ROM Provider (ex. Cyanogen is CM), click your device's name (ex. Nexus 7 is Grouper) and click on the version you currently have for your second ROM and click ''Download GAPPS''

You will find all the things you download from GooManager in a folder located in /sdcard/goomanager

Where can I get the Multirom zip for my Nexus 7 2012?