- 14 Posts
Questions about Rooting the Nexus 7
Hi all, I've been contemplating whether or not I should root my brother's Nexus 7 using Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit. I have a few questions about the whole process too.
1) If I use the Toolkit, then do I still run the risk of hard bricking it? I really can't afford to brick it.
2) If I do brick it, will restoring it to a factory image even work? I've seen some threads about some users not even being able to power theirs back on, etc.
- 03-27-2013, 08:23 AM #2
- 412 Posts
- it changes so much
Re: Questions about Rooting the Nexus 7
Why does he want it rooted? I root anything I get my hands on lol but if he needs root for something you might want him involved in the process. What PC are you using? As long as you can use fastboot the device is practically unbrickable.
** these are just words **beamed from the mothership...but its only a proxy for mylubuntu 12.04
- 03-27-2013, 11:24 PM #4
- By SupaLawlCat in forum Google Nexus 7 (2012) Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 02-05-2013, 10:04 PM
- By icewater106 in forum Sprint Galaxy NexusReplies: 6Last Post: 10-01-2012, 10:35 PM
- By samster in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 6Last Post: 02-16-2010, 09:45 PM
- By AAFD in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 8Last Post: 01-19-2010, 12:18 AM
- By smccloud in forum HTC Hero Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 01-09-2010, 01:40 AM