- 135 Posts
- MIUI, CM9, Bugless Beast
Rooted. Now what?
I haven't done any rooting since my NS4G was replaced by an N4 but I've decided to root my N7 for access to USB flashdrives and USB controller apps. However, now that I went ahead and rooted it, I'm debating whether I should flash some custom ROMs and/or kernels to improve the speed/battery life of my N7. Has anyone flashed just a kernel with the stock 4.2.2 build? Or are there any custom ROMs out there that absolutely would be recommended?
I got to used to backing up, wiping, flashing and setting up my NS4G that I could(and have) run through the whole process over the phone with someone trying to do it from memory. I don't want to make a regular thing out of ROMing my N7 like it was with my NS4G, so I'm not looking for nightlies or such to play around with.
- 04-01-2013, 04:50 PM #2
- 78 Posts
Re: Rooted. Now what?
flash that sucker. Seriously, Ive tried out a ton of different kernals and ROMS, my favs are Motleys kernal, and Trinity Kernal. I OC both to 1.5 and my battery life is still better than stock.
Lots of good ROMs, Im on Clean ROM right now, not a whole lot of customization, but fast and good battery life. I tried Carbon ROM and hated it. Very laggy, slow, and ate my battery. Tried it with stock, Motley and Trinity kernal. Head over to xda forums and just flash some. Cyanogen mod was good too.
- By judasmachine in forum HTC Droid Eris Rooting, ROMs, and HackingReplies: 14Last Post: 07-17-2010, 04:37 PM
- By troyn60 in forum HTC Hero Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 07-15-2010, 08:27 PM
- By Lurch81#AC in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 27Last Post: 05-15-2010, 04:27 PM
- By jbc28 in forum HTC Hero Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 22Last Post: 04-25-2010, 07:29 PM
- By EOAkrish in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 12Last Post: 02-02-2010, 10:38 PM