So, I messed up somewhere. *Recovery problem (I think)*

ownage321

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
So, I lurked a couple different sites for android for a while. I just like to read the whats happening and such with tech, and I always read about root and how rooting pretty much makes a phone/tablet a whole different device, so today I rooted it (my Nexus 7)...

Well, I can't remember exactly what I did, because I have been searching every place on the internet to figure out exactly what I did and how to fix it.

Oh and I rooted it by manually doing it (with cmd and such)

When I try and get into recovery I get a android green dude laying down on his back with a red triangle with a ! in the middle that says "no command" below it. I have wiped and cleared cache. I have read a bit about this from searching the internet, but I have yet to find a way that works. I was thinking about trying to undo everything then reroot it, but I really no idea what to do. I did root it correctly (I believe), but I may have tried to update the recovery (maybe) and that may have done it. But like I said I can't remember what I did since it has been so long and I have read so much other stuff.

I can provide anymore info for anyone who wants to try and help.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I read that putting a new recovery on would probably take care of it, but when I try I get a message saying "installation aborted". How or why, I do not know.

Sorry, for rambling and the not too hot spelling and grammar. Been a while since I have posted on any forum.

I can still turn it on and do somethings. Things like the home softbutton/key (not sure what they are called) doesn't work, the notification bar only scrolls down on the one side, and no notifications show up there, I still have root according to the root checker app I used, so yeah.

Thanks.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's not clear to me exactly what you did, but I recommend a factory image restore to get you back to stock. Follow the guide stickied on top of this forum to go through the procedure. Notes going forward:
1. The green android laying on his back is the stock recovery welcome screen. It just means you rebooted into recovery without having a custom one installed, nothing else.
2. Rooting and hacking at Nexus devices is fun.. but be sure to research carefully and fully understand what you are doing and why you are doing it before you dig in. And whenever possible, make a backup in recovery before tweaking something you are unsure about.

:)

ownage321

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, I actually am in the thread atm. I am having some problems with userdata being erased..

This thread is pretty useless now though. I just need to get back to stock and I will read more about root before I ever try again. THIS SUCKS!

Anyways, I guess this thread is pretty done, since I am in the other thread trying to get back to stock.

Thanks, once again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze