how can i root my nexus 7 without using pc

Jim300

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi , is there any way to do that because My tablet's micro USB (female) port is broken .
The bootloader is already unlocked but no recovery installed .
Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you need a computer. You need to fire off commands from the SDK to unlock the device before you can root it. I'm almost certain that can't be done any other way.
wireless ADB is a way of doing that from a computer over wifi...instead of hooking up via a cable....maybe that'd work if you could get it installed and running on another Android device? I tried that with my Transformer Prime to fix my phone about a year ago, never got it working and just waited until i got home.

GedBlake

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
The device is Unlocked. That's why I think it's possible to root it without a computer.

Hi, Jim300...

I don't think it's possible, I'm afraid...

If the BOOTLOADER is unlocked, you can FASTBOOT FLASH a CUSTOM RECOVERY such as TWRP or CWM (which requires a PC)... and then, using that recovery, flash Chainfires SU (root) updater package.

Another method of rooting, is via this 'exploit' available here....

[Root][JB 4.2] Root your Nexus 7 without unlocking bootloader. (djrbliss motochopper) - xda-developers

...which needs ADB and, (yeah, you guessed it)...requires a PC.

-------

So, yes... I think you definitely need a PC...

I can think of no way of rooting without one.

Sorry...

Rgrds,
Ged.

jonathanxx1

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure but in the goo manager app you can install twrp recovery, I'm not sure if it would work if you don't have root access.

Posted via Android Central App

bldrgn2043

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
How are you charging your Nexus 7 if the micro port is broken by chance?

He could be charging it with the dock or his micro usb port isn't totally broken.
-------
No I can't think of any other way of rooting short of using some form of android terminal emulator and rewriting all the code by hand.
If the boards not cracked and you know someone skilled and handy with a soldering iron or can find a place to replace your damaged micro usb port that might be the cheapest and easiest way to go.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc