Nexus 7:how to remove TrinitySeven kernel boot animation

Philip k Dick

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I had this and couldn't fix it; ended up restoring to my latest Nandroid....sorry I can't be more help! The files are in /system/media but I think here is some elsewhere you need to remove too

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Boot animation is in /system/media, needs to be replaced by whatever bootanimation.zip you want, which can be pulled out of any ROM or downloaded in many places. You may also need to put the zip in /data/local

(earlier Android versions would use the data/local zip first over the system/media one, but I'm not positive how it works currently)

-also sorry for not noticing this thread until now :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

GedBlake

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Boot animation is in /system/media, needs to be replaced by whatever bootanimation.zip you want, which can be pulled out of any ROM or downloaded in many places. You may also need to put the zip in /data/local

(earlier Android versions would use the data/local zip first over the system/media one, but I'm not positive how it works currently)

-also sorry for not noticing this thread until now :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Yep. Pretty straightforward...

cf. my post here...

Can I install the stock boot animation? - xda-developers

Rgrds,
Ged.

abhisheksalokhe

May 8, 2013
Visit site
actually when you put bootanimation.zip in system/media; sometimes it loads stock boot images first and then your custom bootanimation zip. I had same problem with optimus v. When I put custom bootanimation then it was loading stock first then mine. I tried to figure it out so just check whether there is folder under root called bootimages " /bootimages". You will get all the ".rle" files there. I deleted them all and rebooted and just whoaaaa...... no success :( Though I deleted them, it checks whether .rle files are present or not. If not then it copies (I really don't know from where and how!) into bootimages folder! I'm also got stuck on that.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I had some problems recently trying to replace the boot animation for Minco v7 back to stock. Never managed to get it. It used to be pretty straight forward but since 4.x I've had problems depending on the ROM I'm replacing it on. I feel like there's another location but I haven't been able to find it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol