Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Default Can't install APK????

So, I have a 4.2.2-32gb N7 WiFi only, running Paranoid Android 3.56, with a 3.1.10 franco-kernel. I downloaded an apk, f-droid to be exact onto my N7. I open it and try to install and the install button won't let me push it. The cancel button will let me push it,but no joy on the install button. I rebooted, wiped my cache, I have 3rd party apps allowed. I have tried installing by directly opening the apk and also by using some install apps from the play store. Any ideas?

Default Re: Can't install APK????

Have you tried other .apks with success?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    Have you tried other .apks with success?
    Yeah, I had tried other apks with no luck. An update came out for Paranoid Android the day after i posted this question. I updated, now apks install without issue. Thanks!

There are some apps that overlay the screen and prevent pressing the install button. Glovebox had this issue for a while. Are there any apps that might interfere in this way? If so, try disabling them for a bit to see if that helps.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    guillevelasco likes this.

I have the same problem.

I had he same problem, there was an app working on the background (battery meter), I forced close the app and then it works well! Thanks Slender Troll .

great great.... that we have to say... its work.
    I try a lot but whatsapp+ no way... then i quit launcher... it works
    thank a lot.

Thumbs up Re: Can't install APK????

Cheers - been looking for a solution to this problem

I had Twilight running in the background and as soon as I deactivated it, it worked. Thank you x1000!!

Thanks this worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jaystekan View Post
    So, I have a 4.2.2-32gb N7 WiFi only, running Paranoid Android 3.56, with a 3.1.10 franco-kernel. I downloaded an apk, f-droid to be exact onto my N7. I open it and try to install and the install button won't let me push it. The cancel button will let me push it,but no joy on the install button. I rebooted, wiped my cache, I have 3rd party apps allowed. I have tried installing by directly opening the apk and also by using some install apps from the play store. Any ideas?
    I can download them and then it says it can't parsize the package. Please help!

Never mind I figured it out. Good luck with your problem

Thumbs up Re: Can't install APK????

Thank you for the idea. I put a widget on the dock. I was no idea that it would be the reason, and I was going crazy , but your idea about the "layer" was the solution. Best regards.

Luis,

thank you so much!!
    -yea i know you posted it 1 year ago

Great! Many thanks.

Hi guys I can't install apk on my lenovo a319 when I try to install he say (insufficient storage) please help me

Many thanks Man, I disabled Blue Light filter I had recently installed and Bingoo!

If you have a Screen Dimming APP, disable it and try to install.
    Some screen dimming apps work by overlaying the whole screen with a translucent window, and letting touch events pass through to the activity below, but for security reasons, you can't interact with system dialogs (such as the package installer) through another activity.

It sounds counter-intuitive, but it could be the cause. It's more likely than a corrupt APK file or a version incompatibility, either of which would cause an error message.