Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Backup Connection Issues

I want to backup my Nexus 7 apps & data to my PC. I've tried Helium and Titanium backup w/o success. Using Helium I can backup particular apps internally to N7 but not to PC. Helium is on both the PC and tablet. The green check mark appears on the PC but when I enter the tablet server url into a browser on the PC it does not connect. I can see the Nexus from the PC. Should I be able to see the PC from the Nexus? I keep thinking thats my problem.

Nexus 7 (2012) with SmoothRom 5.1

I need a genius to tell me how to make this work...

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Default Re: Backup Connection Issues

Don't know helium as I haven't used it.. But if you want to try TiBu again use the link in my signature to my TiBu guide and see if that helps..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks 2d... After reading your how to for TiBu, maybe I misunderstood how its backups get to the PC for safekeeping. I was under the impression the backups would go directly to the PC. But apparently you backup internally to the Nexus and them simply copy them over to the PC.

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by oakcutter View Post
    Thanks 2d... After reading your how to for TiBu, maybe I misunderstood how its backups get to the PC for safekeeping. I was under the impression the backups would go directly to the PC. But apparently you backup internally to the Nexus and them simply copy them over to the PC.
    Exactly
    I actually use TiBu's built in sync to Dropbox option, so they're synced to that, which syncs to my PC anyway. Works nicely.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2