1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Getting OTA Update 4.3 Unlocked Bootloader and rooted

Ok, so i want to update to 4.3, because my nexus 7 is lagging a bit on almost everything. And i've read that 4.3 is supposed to fix that, so i want to go ahead and install the update. But i have a few doubts about it. When installing the ota will i still have the bootloader unlocked or will i have to unlock it again? I didn't root my tablet back when i got it, a friend of mine did it, using wugfresh toolkit. I do know the process though, still i am kind of a noob at this. Help please!

Default Re: Getting OTA Update 4.3 Unlocked Bootloader and rooted

Well, don't do what I did.... I've only had my N7 for a day when I received the 4.3 update. So I proceeded with the upgrade, forgetting that I was in root - boy did that mess things up!!! I was stuck at the 'x' screen forever and had to flash back to stock and start all over..... Everything is cool now, While in stock I upgraded to 4.3 then re-rooted - Wugfresh NRT 1.7.2 performed brilliantly....
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Getting OTA Update 4.3 Unlocked Bootloader and rooted

Yeah, i saw in a forum that some people had that issue after upgrading to 4.3 while being rooted. Either way at the end i decided to try Paranoid rom, and so far it isn't so bad. Its kinda hard to get used to though. But I'll wait to go back to stock when Key lime pie comes out.