How to deodex?

M1grande

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone. I have a rooted nexus 7 2012 edition running 4.2.2. I recently got Tom toolbox pro, and saw I could change certain things, like the notification bar icons and whatnot. But the problem is I don't know how to deodex my stock nexus or get a stock deodexed one. Really I don't even know what deodex is. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi everyone. I have a rooted nexus 7 2012 edition running 4.2.2. I recently got Tom toolbox pro, and saw I could change certain things, like the notification bar icons and whatnot. But the problem is I don't know how to deodex my stock nexus or get a stock deodexed one. Really I don't even know what deodex is. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

What Is Odex And Deodex In Android [A Complete Guide] | The Droid X Blog

Unless you have extensive knowledge of configuring your OS, the easiest way is to install a deodexed ROM...

For example: [ROM] [Wi-fi][4.3 JWR66Y] ADVANCED STOCK ROM RELOADED [UPDATE + MENU ****] 02.09.2013 - xda-developers
*I don't own a Nexus 7, nor am I necessarily endorsing this ROM in particular...just linking to the first example I saw over on XDA to provide an example

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463