Nexus 7 won't restore from TWRP backup

crank_girl

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, having a few probs after installing 4.3 update on my nexus 7. It was really laggy and horrible so I decided to revert back to CM. Of course, I had to re-root and reflash TWRP. I can get into TWRP fine but when I try to restore it either fails or just hangs. Any suggestions as to what I can do to fix it? You can probably tell from this post I don't have much android knowledge, I'm just very good at hunting out and following instructions. :)

I'm not averse to reflashing a rom and starting over though I'd prefer to restore if possible.

Thanks.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to guess your running into the file structure problem. When switching from Android 4.1.x to 4.2.x there was a known " file structure " change in Android. This making "downgrading" back near impossible using your Nandroid backups because it won't redo the file structure and partitions. I believe this has also changed again with 4.3, some slight changes that are affecting downgrading.

crank_girl

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I deduced as much after finding nothing much on the net about this problem. So I restored the factory image and started over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid