- 2 Posts
Nexus 7 won't restore from TWRP backup
Hi, having a few probs after installing 4.3 update on my nexus 7. It was really laggy and horrible so I decided to revert back to CM. Of course, I had to re-root and reflash TWRP. I can get into TWRP fine but when I try to restore it either fails or just hangs. Any suggestions as to what I can do to fix it? You can probably tell from this post I don't have much android knowledge, I'm just very good at hunting out and following instructions.
I'm not averse to reflashing a rom and starting over though I'd prefer to restore if possible.
- 10-07-2013, 07:08 AM #2
- 10-07-2013, 08:19 AM #3
Re: Nexus 7 won't restore from TWRP backup
I'm going to guess your running into the file structure problem. When switching from Android 4.1.x to 4.2.x there was a known " file structure " change in Android. This making "downgrading" back near impossible using your Nandroid backups because it won't redo the file structure and partitions. I believe this has also changed again with 4.3, some slight changes that are affecting downgrading.Paul
Moderator @ Android Central
I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
- By Atiya in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 7Last Post: 09-09-2015, 04:28 PM
- By Erinda Zemblaku in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 14Last Post: 01-29-2014, 04:22 AM
- By dwebb01 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 8Last Post: 11-02-2013, 07:06 PM
- By Atiya in forum Google Nexus 10 TabletReplies: 16Last Post: 10-15-2013, 08:27 PM
- By Atiya in forum Android Security TalkReplies: 30Last Post: 10-10-2013, 03:19 PM