Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 won't restore from TWRP backup

Hi, having a few probs after installing 4.3 update on my nexus 7. It was really laggy and horrible so I decided to revert back to CM. Of course, I had to re-root and reflash TWRP. I can get into TWRP fine but when I try to restore it either fails or just hangs. Any suggestions as to what I can do to fix it? You can probably tell from this post I don't have much android knowledge, I'm just very good at hunting out and following instructions.

I'm not averse to reflashing a rom and starting over though I'd prefer to restore if possible.

Thanks.

Global Posts
    6,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Nexus 7 won't restore from TWRP backup

Welcome to posting in the forums!

You may want to also post this in the Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks section.

Cheers!
    Live long and prosper.

I'm going to guess your running into the file structure problem. When switching from Android 4.1.x to 4.2.x there was a known " file structure " change in Android. This making "downgrading" back near impossible using your Nandroid backups because it won't redo the file structure and partitions. I believe this has also changed again with 4.3, some slight changes that are affecting downgrading.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the reply. I deduced as much after finding nothing much on the net about this problem. So I restored the factory image and started over.