- 2 Posts
Nexus 7 won't restore from TWRP backup
Hi, having a few probs after installing 4.3 update on my nexus 7. It was really laggy and horrible so I decided to revert back to CM. Of course, I had to re-root and reflash TWRP. I can get into TWRP fine but when I try to restore it either fails or just hangs. Any suggestions as to what I can do to fix it? You can probably tell from this post I don't have much android knowledge, I'm just very good at hunting out and following instructions.
I'm not averse to reflashing a rom and starting over though I'd prefer to restore if possible.
- 10-07-2013, 07:08 AM #2
- 10-07-2013, 08:19 AM #3
Re: Nexus 7 won't restore from TWRP backup
I'm going to guess your running into the file structure problem. When switching from Android 4.1.x to 4.2.x there was a known " file structure " change in Android. This making "downgrading" back near impossible using your Nandroid backups because it won't redo the file structure and partitions. I believe this has also changed again with 4.3, some slight changes that are affecting downgrading.Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central
- By Erinda Zemblaku in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 14Last Post: 01-29-2014, 04:22 AM
- By dwebb01 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 8Last Post: 11-02-2013, 07:06 PM
- By Atiya in forum Google Nexus 10 TabletReplies: 16Last Post: 10-15-2013, 08:27 PM
- By Atiya in forum Android Security TalkReplies: 30Last Post: 10-10-2013, 03:19 PM
- By Atiya in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 5Last Post: 10-09-2013, 02:40 AM