Cracked Screen Pattern Locked...need some guidance

recondoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Howdy Gang,
My Daughter dropped her Nexus 7 and now there is a lovely crack that runs down the screen from top to bottom. The left side has dead digitizer so I cannot enter her unlock pattern. Attaching it to my computer to attempt to download her pertinent files results in the device showing up as being there but the folder being locked up tight. How can I get in at this point to get her stuff out?
Any help is appreciated.
Doc

AdventAndroid

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Connect a mouse to it. i am using a broken screen right now as i type but i was Lucky and only broke some sensors. I use a mouse and keyboard on my device all the time. All you need is a male microusb to female usb cable. They are very cheap and last awhile. Can be found on amazon.

Posted via the amazing Android Central App

bldrgn2043

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Advent is talking about a OTG cable, but unless your nexus is rooted I don't think it will work. If you go to https://play.google.com/store and log into the account that's on your daughter's nexus and use "Android Device Manager" that's under the gear shaped thing in the top right hand corner of your screen. You can change the lock screen to a password and depending on where the crack in the screen is you can turn your nexus to sign in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez