Nexus 7 2012 stuck on 2.2 ...can't flash update!

craynerd

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, hopping someone can help...I've got myself into a pickle!

I've a 2012 nexus7 and yesterday I rooted and flashed recovery. I tried to update and realised I'd need to flash this as it wouldn't for some reason do it automatically. For whatever reason, which is now irrelevant, I mucked up and soft bricked the nexus. I spent about 12 hours now trying to recover and the only thing that would do it was the nexus root toolkit in "force flash" which I know is dangerous, but all other methods failed totally.

I've now got back to android 2.2 so my device works but all normal methods of recovering to an updated fresh install fail.

I've a couple of questions and was hoping people could offer advice.

1. I get a number of different errors and googling similar issues suggests my boot loader version 4.21 is not up to date enough and should be 4.23. Is there a way to update this?

2. I have tried to flash 4.3, 4.4 and 4.4.2 but I get various errors. Using the flash to stock sticking in this forum, everything works until I trie to fast boot the image, where my nexus tells me, forgot the correct wording, but it is not signed for... Googling this suggests I'm using the wrong image but I'm using nakasi 4.23 image which I thought was correct for nexus 7 2012 wifi. Can someone link me to the correct image.

I'd love to just go back to fresh stock so I can auto update and then start over a fresh.

Help appreciated
Chris

craynerd

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, that is the one.

When I try to do anything without "forced flash" enabled, the command prompt would tell me boot.sys recovery.sys and something else is missing. It would also fail on the writing tasks and give me another fail error that I can't recall off hand. Googling these issues, seemed to suggest that it was a problem with running 4.21 boot loader instead of 4.23 but I haven't a clue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon