Anything I Should Know ??
I have a 32gb nexus 7 with 3G due to be delivered tomorrow and the first thing i want to do to it is root it.
But as things change so fast i was wandering if this guide is still up to date:
The Nexus7Forum.com's Step by Step Guide to Rooting The Nexus 7 Tablet - Nexus 7 Root, Hacks, Mods And Development - Nexus 7 Forum - The #1 Nexus 7 Tablet News, Discussion and Fan Site!
Before rooting it i will be updating it to the latest kitkat firmware so i want to also make sure that the Nexus Rootkit Toolkit has been updated to be able to root the kitkat firmware ?
Also while googling (is that a word....lol) i come across a guide saying that the toolkit has problems with the 3G version nexus 7.
I also come across one that said that if something is/isn't ticked in the toolkit then it will brick the tablet. The trouble is i cant find the guide now so i need you guys t let me know if this is all still true.
Any help would be gratefully received.
- 01-08-2014, 10:29 AM #2
Re: Anything I Should Know ??
Welcome to the forums.
Did you take a look at this guide: [GUIDE][MAC/PC/LINUX][4.2] Unlock, Root and Flash Recovery?
It should work for your model Nexus 7. Go through the thread to make sure there's no issues with the model you have and what you need to do root and avoid problems. Good luck!
- By preppystud in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 7Last Post: 01-24-2014, 12:48 PM
- By TechTinker in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 10Last Post: 01-19-2014, 03:37 PM
- By aaka3207 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 13Last Post: 01-05-2014, 07:09 PM
- By Yoshi323 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 01-05-2014, 03:27 PM
- By power5 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 4Last Post: 01-05-2014, 11:38 AM