Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Default Re: Cases

I just ordered the Poetic from Amazon about 30 minutes ago. I bet I didn't get the upgraded version.

Devicewear "The Ridge" cases are on their site now. Just ordered one. Hoping it is as good quality as it was for the first generation Nexus 7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Received my portenzo hard case this past Saturday. About 2 weeks after ordering so pretty good! I like that it is light weight and it seems very well made. I feel like I'm carrying around a little notebook which I guess is the intent so it's pretty cool. I like the feel of it in my hand while holding it to play games or ready or just browse apps, etc. The one thing I'm not that impressed with is the stand part of it. It seems very stiff right now. Maybe it will loosen up over time. For the hardback kind I ordered, it actually has adhesive that the nexus actually just sticks to it. I was skeptical but, so far it seems to hold just find...not issues at all. It's a smart case so when closing it, the screen cuts off and when opening, the screen cuts on...no issues at all with this. Overall, I like it and I'm pleased with it. Much better than the i-Biason one that I had before this one. Here's some pics....enjoy!

Cases-20130909_211517.jpg Cases-20130909_210430.jpg Cases-20130909_210646.jpg
    stkorn97 and Thunnda like this.

Does this allow you to use the Nexus in portrait mode while the case in landscape? I'm curious as to whether to go with something like that or with a rotating case. Has anyone tried a rotating case yet?

Fintie Rotating Case for Google Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Gen 2013 Android Tablet 360 Degree Rotation Support Vertical and Horizontal Multi Angle Stand Auto Wake / Sleep - Black
    Amazon.com : Fintie Rotating Case for Google Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Gen 2013 Android Tablet 360 Degree Rotation Support Vertical and Horizontal Multi Angle Stand Auto Wake / Sleep - Black : Computers & Accessories

I've had a devil of a time finding a case that I like. I originally got an i-Blason (Amazon.com: i-Blason The New Nexus 7 2 FHD (2nd Generation) Auto Wake / Sleep [Slim Book] Stand Case Cover (Elastic Hand Strap, Multi-Angle, Card Holder, Three Year Warranty) 16GB 32GB (Orange): Computers & Accessories) that I returned because the stand didn't hold the tablet up (it kept flopping over). I liked the style of i-Blason I had on my 2012 N7, so I ordered that (Amazon.com : i-Blason Google The New Nexus 7 2 FHD (2nd Generation) Slim Folio Auto Wake / Sleep Shell Stand case Cover with Elastic Hand Strap, Stylus Loop & Bonus Stylus (3 Year Warranty)-Black : Electronics). I liked it, but the case doesn't fold back flat, so if I'm reading or gaming or surfing, i had to hold it with both hands to get it flat against the back of the N7.

Soooo...I ordered the Moko case (Amazon.com: MoKo Google New Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Gen Case - Slim-Fit Multi-angle Stand Cover Case ORANGE (With Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep Feature): Computers & Accessories), and if folds flat. I've only had it today, but I do like this one. It folds nice and flat, has the stand that I like, and has a stylus holder. I may finally have a keeper! I like the quality, love the color, the stand is sturdy and it folds back nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosiermama2799 View Post
    I've had a devil of a time finding a case that I like. I originally got an i-Blason (Amazon.com: i-Blason The New Nexus 7 2 FHD (2nd Generation) Auto Wake / Sleep [Slim Book] Stand Case Cover (Elastic Hand Strap, Multi-Angle, Card Holder, Three Year Warranty) 16GB 32GB (Orange): Computers & Accessories) that I returned because the stand didn't hold the tablet up (it kept flopping over). I liked the style of i-Blason I had on my 2012 N7, so I ordered that (Amazon.com : i-Blason Google The New Nexus 7 2 FHD (2nd Generation) Slim Folio Auto Wake / Sleep Shell Stand case Cover with Elastic Hand Strap, Stylus Loop & Bonus Stylus (3 Year Warranty)-Black : Electronics). I liked it, but the case doesn't fold back flat, so if I'm reading or gaming or surfing, i had to hold it with both hands to get it flat against the back of the N7.

Soooo...I ordered the Moko case (Amazon.com: MoKo Google New Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Gen Case - Slim-Fit Multi-angle Stand Cover Case ORANGE (With Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep Feature): Computers & Accessories), and if folds flat. I've only had it today, but I do like this one. It folds nice and flat, has the stand that I like, and has a stylus holder. I may finally have a keeper! I like the quality, love the color, the stand is sturdy and it folds back nicely.
    This one from Devicewear just showed up on Amazon.
    Amazon.com: Devicewear Ridge Folio Case for Google Nexus 7 Version 2 (RDG-2GN7-BLK): Computers & Accessories
    It might have the stand features you want.
    It will stand in portrait if you just bend the back to form a 'Z' shape as you look at it from the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich215 View Post
    3. Poetic GraphGrip rubber wrap cover (for playing games and other minor uses) $2.95 shipped by end of month.
    Nice deal. Amazon wants $11-13 (plus shipping [1]) for that TPU case now. Seems pricey for a piece of molded plastic, when a flip case costs about the same.

[1] or Prime or SuperSaver

Global Posts
    494 Global Posts
    ROM
    CNA

I received my Portenzo HardCase and promptly returned it after 5 days. It does not work well in the intellistand mode and the Nexus keeps falling off the adhesive. Also, the wireless charger does not work with it. It looks nice, but not my cup-of-tea.

Global Posts
    494 Global Posts
    ROM
    CNA

Do any of these cases work with wireless charging?

Quote Originally Posted by xweb10 View Post
    Do any of these cases work with wireless charging?
    A couple people stated in this thread that they've found wireless charging to work with the MoKo ultra slim. I would almost bet it would work with the Poetic slimline (my personal fav), since they are such similar cases.
    Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
    Phone: Droid MAXX
    Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)
    Thanked by:
    xweb10 

Global Posts
    494 Global Posts
    ROM
    CNA

I ordered the Poetic Slimline. Hopefully it works with wireless charging.

Got the updated Poetic Slimline yesterday. As I was taking the old version off my Nexus 7, I swear the case was so tight the screen started to separate from the rest of the body. So then I took it off from the other side, with the folding hinge (or spine?). Definitely sticking with the newer version. Feels pretty much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by garl6 View Post
    Got the updated Poetic Slimline yesterday. As I was taking the old version off my Nexus 7, I swear the case was so tight the screen started to separate from the rest of the body. So then I took it off from the other side, with the folding hinge (or spine?). Definitely sticking with the newer version. Feels pretty much the same.
    I noted that exact issue with mine, and have been keeping my N7 in the Moko case while awaiting a replacement. I have to wonder if anyone has/will actually damage their device extracting it...

Global Posts
    494 Global Posts
    ROM
    CNA

Quote Originally Posted by xweb10 View Post
    I ordered the Poetic Slimline
    I got the Poetic. I like it. Nothing fancy and it works with wireless chargers.

I know it's overpriced but has there been any update on the issues with the official 'Premium' cover? Amazon still lists it as being 'under review'.

The official Asus Premium case is once again for sale by Amazon. I went ahead and pulled the trigger since I assume that means they have investigated the issue and have some satisfactory response or fix. I received the case yesterday and have no problems with fit. It's definitely more expensive than similar cases. But, in my opinion, the quality is also far better than what one sees with the many $10 cases available. I'll see how it stands up with time.

Posted via Android Central App

I ordered my Poetic September 1, I wonder why I've heard nothing about a replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by bodum02 View Post
    I ordered my Poetic September 1, I wonder why I've heard nothing about a replacement?

I'd originally ordered mine August 2, and had had direct (telephone) confirmation replacements were being sent out. I'm guessing they're not sending out replacements in the order in which the originals were shipped, so am giving it another week before recontacting them.

I ordered thru Amazon. When I looked, it looked like they changed the style as well on the one I ordered. I wonder if I can contact the company directly.

I ordered thru Amazon. When I looked, it looked like they changed the style as well on the one I ordered. I wonder if I can contact the company directly.

Contact

By email or phone, they've always been very responsive. I'm pretty sure that "Smart Shop Online" (the Amazon storefront these are sold through) is a subsidiary of Poetic - or vice-versa. In either case, when I've contacted them in the past about orders I placed on Amazon they dealt with my concerns directly.

Thank you! I've talked with them and sent pics of my receipt, etc., even a pic of my case so they can see the difference in the cases. They said they would answer within 24 hours because even the STYLING has changed since my first order on September 1 - just 3 weeks ago. Still no answer from them. I ordered a new one for my sister and thinking about 2 for grandkids with 2012 model. Love the case, not so sure about customer service since I've started this by leaving a message Sunday afternoon. But, we've passed that 24 hour mark and still waiting. Amazon gave me their phone number on Sunday. I KNOW I'm being antsy, but then again, maybe Amazon should be doing the calls since I did order thru them. Just a thought, I'll keep on waiting and buying more :-) Geeze.. I guess we know WHO has the problem here?!? :-)

Thank you! I've talked with them and sent pics of my receipt, etc., even a pic of my case so they can see the difference in the cases. They said they would answer within 24 hours because even the STYLING has changed since my first order on September 1 - just 3 weeks ago. Still no answer from them. I ordered a new one for my sister and thinking about 2 for grandkids with 2012 model. Love the case, not so sure about customer service since I've started this by leaving a message Sunday afternoon. But, we've passed that 24 hour mark and still waiting. Amazon gave me their phone number on Sunday. I KNOW I'm being antsy, but then again, maybe Amazon should be doing the calls since I did order thru them. Just a thought, I'll keep on waiting and buying more :-) Geeze.. I guess we know WHO has the problem here?!? :-)

Is there an actual defect with the case you bought from Amazon? Or do you just like the newer styling better?

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00D...1-20&m1k=vb_ac
    Anyone try this case? MoKo Google New Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Gen Case - Genuine Leather Slim-Fit Multi-angle Stand Cover Case for Google Nexus 2 7.0 Inch 2013 Generation Android Tablet, BLACK (With Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep Feature)

It is real leather

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
    http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00D...1-20&m1k=vb_ac
    Anyone try this case? MoKo Google New Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Gen Case - Genuine Leather Slim-Fit Multi-angle Stand Cover Case for Google Nexus 2 7.0 Inch 2013 Generation Android Tablet, BLACK (With Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep Feature)

It is real leather
    That's the case I have. I had something similar from I-Blason for my 2012 N7, but didn't like it at all for my 2013. I returned it and ordered this one and really like it. I really like this type of stand, and like the stylus holder.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I actually like this case the best of my 3 and ordered another as a gift yesterday. It's only had an incident with the magnets a couple of times, but when I saw the new design it made me wonder if I have the one that I've read about having problems and it may show up later. I'm probably worrying for no reason, so I've given up on it. Like I said before, I really like the case and will continue to buy Poetic products in the future. The customer service rep that I have been speaking with may be having a bad week too :-)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast