Case for New Google Nexus 7 on Amazon

SAMTD1

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
As several folks mentioned the difficulty of searing case for new Google Nexus 7, I do see that there are some cases available on Amazon right now. I use the keywords ?Google Nexus 7 FHD? to find the case.

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2012 N7 as well as the new 2013 N7.... That being said, I like putting on a screen protector, and a good old TPU style case. No bulk, but gives me enough protection to keep my device in day bought condition......I've yet to see any of these style cases being released for the new N7 yet. Hopefully it'll show up soon on Amazon or Daydeal.....here is the TPU case that I have on my 2012

Amazon.com: BoxWave BodySuit Premium Textured TPU Rubber Gel Skin Case for Google Nexus 7 - Jet Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm going with the simple Asus cover for $18 on Amazon.com

The official case looks nice. Seems Smart Cover ish.

The official doesn't seem to have wake/lock function. And there is nothing holding that front flap closed so it will just flap all over the place... Not worth that $18 in my opinion. I stuck with the Poetic Slimline case which I bought for about $6. Doesn't ship until end of the month though.

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Well it seems like the selection of cases for the new N7 are starting to slowly trickle in....even though most are pre order.....at least there are a few more to choose from.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

sgtjiggy

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I want an Urban Armor or Otterbox style case. Are there any out there yet?

Tappin from the SG4! ... I change phones as often as....

davloomis

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I want an Urban Armor or Otterbox style case. Are there any out there yet?

Tappin from the SG4! ... I change phones as often as....

Another vote for Urban Armor Gear, love my S4 and wife's Note 2 case. That's just what I need to make my Nexus 7 perfect!

Posted via Android Central App

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I got the "ASUS New Nexus 7 FHD Official Travel Cover" from Amazon. Not worth it. I was hoping it would fit as well and be as sturdy as the OEM travel cover for the original Nexus 7 (2012). This new cover is flimsier and the fit is surprisingly loose. It definitely does not have magnetic wake/sleep functionality when you open the cover (in fairness, the OEM travel cover for the 2012 Nexus 7 didn't either).

I'm the first guy to put OEM cases or covers on my devices, but pass on this one. It really kills the premium feel of the new Nexus 7. I'm holding off on another case and using an old Kindle Timbuk2 sleeve until Google or Asus make a better case available (if ever).

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
My Moko Slim-fit case just shipped, can't wait 'til it comes, will make holding it so much easier. And I'll feel a lot better knowing it has a little protection.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy