Nexus 7 (2013) Stylus

AtlantaRider

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone help? I have the new Nexus 7 (2013) and I have purchased 2 different capacitive stylus and neither of them work with the tablet. The last one I just received today is Fintie and it doesnt work at all (no recognition). It somewhat works on my iPhone. Suggestions, recommendations?

Joe Barry

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I've got the Targus & the iFrogz they both work well, I like the iFrogz's touch a little better, but it is shorter than the Tragus, both can be found @ wallyworld.

AtlantaRider

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Joe, many thanks really appreciate. Just curious do you have any idea why the other capacitive stylus I purchased didn't work? Also, ReTrak stylus work as well...lowest price on ebay is $9.72 delivered.

Joe Barry

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I've no idea why they don't but I've seen that issue with some tablets at work too and some work better than others. I didn't know about the ReTrak, I'll to take a look at that too, to see if it offers anything for me. I also read and have in transit a stylus from Amazon that is said to be really good; Amazon.com: AmazonBasics Stylus for Touchscreen Devices Including Kindle Fire HD 8.9-Inch, Kindle Fire HD 7-Inch, Kindle Fire, Apple iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10: Computers & Accessories

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone help? I have the new Nexus 7 (2013) and I have purchased 2 different capacitive stylus and neither of them work with the tablet. The last one I just received today is Fintie and it doesnt work at all (no recognition). It somewhat works on my iPhone. Suggestions, recommendations?

You might have a problem with the N7.....maybe it has the grounding touch problem that is widely prevelent in the first batches. Try exchanging it if you got it from a local store...or hopefully if a return via shipping is not too hard....it may be required.

I had a problem with my cheapy rubber tipped stylist working on my first N7 FHD that i took back because of that touch screen problem. That same rubber tipped one works fine with the tablet I exchanged for.

I mainly use my Caseen one with the micro material cover and not the rubber tipped one. I like the feel of the micro cloth material kind better and it seems to have better results for consistent response. I also use a screen saver with no problems.

bodum02

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I've used several stylus from $5 drug store to $29.99 Wacom Bamboo at Best Buy. I stopped there. The Bamboo is WONDERFUL and I would recommend to everyone. However! Order from Amazon (I bought 2 more) for $10.99 each with no shipping cost on Amazon Prime. If you order the black it is $10.99 but different colors are different prices.... NONE are the $29.99 I paid at Best Buy. The stylus is guaranteed for life. You will need to replace the nib at some point but Amazon also sells this. I think I would order the nibs from the Wacom Web site because when I ordered replacements and just HAD to try it out, there was a huge difference between the original and the "soft ipad" replacement.

Posted via Android Central App

oldtimer42

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I also have a Wacom bamboo and love it on the N7. Nice weight, good resistance from the rubber tip. If you can find a good price it's worth getting.

Sent from my Nexus 7

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I just got these today Amazon.com: Bundle of 3PCS Premium Branded 5.5" Thin-Tip High Precision Universal Capacitive Stylus Pens + Extra 3 Replaceable Tips + 2x 15" Detachable Elastic Tether Strings / Lanyards + The Friendly Swede Microfiber Cloth and Retail Packaging - 8 A

I like the feel of them. I have the Moko case and it has an elastic stylus holder, and these fit in it perfectly. They're weighted very nice for my hand, and love the colors. I had two pen/stylus combos, but the stylus didn't seem very accurate, compared to others I have (but which are too fat to fit into the case).

BrandonEnr7

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I've used several stylus from $5 drug store to $29.99 Wacom Bamboo at Best Buy. I stopped there. The Bamboo is WONDERFUL and I would recommend to everyone. However! Order from Amazon (I bought 2 more) for $10.99 each with no shipping cost on Amazon Prime. If you order the black it is $10.99 but different colors are different prices.... NONE are the $29.99 I paid at Best Buy. The stylus is guaranteed for life. You will need to replace the nib at some point but Amazon also sells this. I think I would order the nibs from the Wacom Web site because when I ordered replacements and just HAD to try it out, there was a huge difference between the original and the "soft ipad" replacement.

Do you have a link for the one you bought. I have prime and am looking on Amazon and only see ones for like 30 or 40 bucks. Kinda interested in trying one since I currently only have one that is just a cheap junk from a store.

bodum02

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Wacom Bamboo New Solo Stylus for Apple iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Android and Other Capacitive Touch Surfaces (CS140W)
by Wacom
Try to copy and paste on amazon search. Yes, it appears they have raised the price on the one I have :-(. I went to Wacom . com and it looks like this may be a second generation for about $20. I wonder if you wait a few days it will go down? They did have a couple of colors of the original (pink, etc.) for around $19. on Amazon.

BrandonEnr7

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Wacom Bamboo New Solo Stylus for Apple iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Android and Other Capacitive Touch Surfaces (CS140W)
by Wacom
Try to copy and paste on amazon search. Yes, it appears they have raised the price on the one I have :-(. I went to Wacom . com and it looks like this may be a second generation for about $20. I wonder if you wait a few days it will go down? They did have a couple of colors of the original (pink, etc.) for around $19. on Amazon.

Got it, thanks you for the response. I hope maybe the price drops again soon. After your review and the many other online, I want to look into maybe getting one.

maxnexus

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
For those in Canada, you can save yourselves some dollars. Just picked up 5 Tech1 stylus pens from the dollar store at 2 bucks each and they work really well.

George Stevens

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a few of them that i bought at one of the cheapo stores @ $5. It's marked iHome. Works Good enough. The pocket clip busts right away and the pen doesn't work and its actually a piece of crap, but i use it all the time. It works as a stylus. Its on amazon. Unclear if its $3.23 for one or for three. Deceptive picture i think. Mixed reviews.

Last edited:

chbla

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Wacom Bamboo Pocket for my Nexus 7 2013 - and to be honest, it sucks.
It's frustrating to use and you're much faster using your fingers. In 50% of the cases when you select stuff, it's not recognized.

Did anyone experience the same? Does anyone have a better alternative?

alis123

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I have amzer capacitive stylus and it really works very well...nice recognition and nice touch features too....there is no problem in using it...I got it @Fommy...so you can check out their may be you also find it a better one...

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781