Dodocase Hardcover (Solid)

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else using this case? I preordered and received mine yesterday. I'm immensely happy so far. I believe Dodocase is the original book cover manufacturer. The cases are really high quality and the hardcover slims the classic book case design by removing the wood frame and replacing it with 3M adhesive tape. I was skeptical at first, but really wanted my device to remain as thin as possible, so decided to give it a try.

The case is solid, beautifully built, and incorporates a cutout for the rear camera. The reusable adhesive thus far seems really strong (no concerns about it failing), while still allowing removal of the device and not leaving any residue behind. The entire setup is so thin and sleek. I love it!

The only challenge I've experienced so far is getting the device lined up perfectly so that the camera hole lines up with the camera and the magnets line up well to enable the "smart" function. I still didn't get it just right, but achieved something satisfactory after several tries. I wish there were subtle but useful guide lines on the interior of the device.

Obviously without the bamboo tray, the case is a little less protective. But I'm pretty confident it could take a fall and survive in this case. It's definitely nice protection for a minimal design and bulk.

Portenzo makes a similar product and I'm sure the quality is great. Having ordered many Portenzo products in the past, I find the quality and cost comparable. I decided to go with Dodocase this time around because I wanted to mix things up and because I believe the folks at Dodo do a better job of accurately communicating the time to create and mail your case. I've had multiple cases now from both companies and you can't wrong with either.

Let me know if you have questions!

Posted via Android Central App

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the same case that arrived today. I like it a lot because it's very slim and basic. The logo is very low profile unlike the other cases like Portenzo and Poetic. The outer surface is black and the inner surface is Coca Cola red. The fit is perfect.

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else using this case? I preordered and received mine yesterday. I'm immensely happy so far. I believe Dodocase is the original book cover manufacturer. The cases are really high quality and the hardcover slims the classic book case design by removing the wood frame and replacing it with 3M adhesive tape. I was skeptical at first, but really wanted my device to remain as thin as possible, so decided to give it a try.

The case is solid, beautifully built, and incorporates a cutout for the rear camera. The reusable adhesive thus far seems really strong (no concerns about it failing), while still allowing removal of the device and not leaving any residue behind. The entire setup is so thin and sleek. I love it!

The only challenge I've experienced so far is getting the device lined up perfectly so that the camera hole lines up with the camera and the magnets line up well to enable the "smart" function. I still didn't get it just right, but achieved something satisfactory after several tries. I wish there were subtle but useful guide lines on the interior of the device.

Obviously without the bamboo tray, the case is a little less protective. But I'm pretty confident it could take a fall and survive in this case. It's definitely nice protection for a minimal design and bulk.

Portenzo makes a similar product and I'm sure the quality is great. Having ordered many Portenzo products in the past, I find the quality and cost comparable. I decided to go with Dodocase this time around because I wanted to mix things up and because I believe the folks at Dodo do a better job of accurately communicating the time to create and mail your case. I've had multiple cases now from both companies and you can't wrong with either.

Let me know if you have questions!

Posted via Android Central App

Sounds cool, got a link?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power