A tale of 3 cases

ocostich

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I have tried 3 cases for the new Nexus 7, all from Amazon.

Poetic Slimbook - stiffener in spine makes it so rigid that it's difficult to fold it open like a book, stylus loop is on the back not side, tablet tends to work itself out just enough to make swiping difficult (there is no velcro to secure the flap holding the tablet in). The fit is good and everything is easily accessible. Magnetic on/off closure works fine. A little heavy at 5.4 oz.

Poetic Slimline - Nice light case (3.8 oz) and the tablet fits snugly and securely in the frame. The drawbacks to thsi case are that it offers little protection in a fall, and the magnetic on/off mechanism is unreliable, choosing when it wants to work or not.

Caseology Ultra Slim Fit Leather Multi-Angle Stand Case - Nice case overall, good fit, well made and has velcro to secure the tablet's hold in flap. It folds open nicely because the spine is flexible not righd. It's has no stylus holder but not a big deal. But this case is near useless because access to the power and volume buttons is virtually impossible. The cutout really doesn't expose the buttons.

So there you have it. Three cases down and still looking for one that has it all. Good fit, ease of use, good protection. Any suggestions?

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I have tried 3 cases for the new Nexus 7, all from Amazon.

Poetic Slimbook - stiffener in spine makes it so rigid that it's difficult to fold it open like a book, stylus loop is on the back not side, tablet tends to work itself out just enough to make swiping difficult (there is no velcro to secure the flap holding the tablet in). The fit is good and everything is easily accessible. Magnetic on/off closure works fine. A little heavy at 5.4 oz.

Poetic Slimline - Nice light case (3.8 oz) and the tablet fits snugly and securely in the frame. The drawbacks to thsi case are that it offers little protection in a fall, and the magnetic on/off mechanism is unreliable, choosing when it wants to work or not.

Caseology Ultra Slim Fit Leather Multi-Angle Stand Case - Nice case overall, good fit, well made and has velcro to secure the tablet's hold in flap. It folds open nicely because the spine is flexible not righd. It's has no stylus holder but not a big deal. But this case is near useless because access to the power and volume buttons is virtually impossible. The cutout really doesn't expose the buttons.

So there you have it. Three cases down and still looking for one that has it all. Good fit, ease of use, good protection. Any suggestions?

I would have to disagree with the magnetic issue you have for the slimline. They always work as they should. Never had a problem with it. I agree it offers little protection but that's not what it's purpose is meant to be so that should be expected. Just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski