View Poll Results: Was this post helpful?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!!

22 91.67%
  • A little...? :|

2 8.33%
  • No!! >

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: Poetic Slimline Case Thorough Review

Quote Originally Posted by npark2012 View Post
    The new case has only two magnets. The first one has three.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    I'd read that earlier hoping I did get the new one. So far I really like it, I like the thinness.

I ordered this case a couple of weeks ago and have been happy with it. I have not complained nor left a bad review about the product. Today I received a second case from the company saying this was their finished product. It is the newer case with two magnets. I am simply amazed they sent me a second case for free? Anybody else have this happen? The new case has just two magnets and the fake leather part seems a little higher quality. I am really impressed with what Poetic has done.

Poetic Slimline Case Thorough Review-screenshot.23.jpg
    Last edited by arrigob; 09-13-2013 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Misspelled a word.

I received the updated version of the Poetic Slim Case today. I was not expecting it. I was happy with the first case. But this case seems good too. I have am definitely happy with this company. I will be buying from them in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by arrigob View Post
    I ordered this case a couple of weeks ago and have been happy with it. I have not complained nor left a bad review about the product. Today I received a second case from the company saying this was their finished product. It is the newer case with two magnets. I am simply amazed they sent me a second case for free? Anybody else have this happen? The new case has just two magnets and the fake leather part seems a little higher quality. I am really impressed with what Poetic has done.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot.23.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	81225
    I haven't received a second version of this case yet (though I have had zero issues with the one I have), but they did the same thing for the Poetic Slimline case for my 2012 Nexus 7 when it came out. Some very early purchasers got 2 replacements as they updated the design, and there were a number of folks who had some wear issues, and got free replacements for that as well. Most of the feedback I've heard has been very positive, both on case design, and customer service. A very nice thing when you're not even talking about a premium-priced case!
    Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
    Phone: Droid MAXX
    Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)

Never got an email but my new and improved Poetic case came in 2 days ago.

Got my new case yesterday. Works exactly like it should. Never understood why so many people preached about getting Poetic cases before, highly recommend the company now.
    npark2012 likes this.

I got my replacement a couple of days ago as well. This one still has 3 magnets on the closure, but works as it should
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #83  

ROM
    STOCK

Quote Originally Posted by Hand_O_Death View Post
    Got my new case yesterday. Works exactly like it should. Never understood why so many people preached about getting Poetic cases before, highly recommend the company now.
    Still haven't gotten mine yet. what are the differences between the two?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

there is no difference in the one that had the issue and the one in received for replacement.

just better shielding.

surprise~! my replacement case just arrived. it looks exactly the same except it has 2 magnets instead of three. only issues I've ever had are wake up issues. not sure if I'll bother to switch it out or not.

I never got the email, but the new case arrived today. has just the two magnets. I did notice the issue of going to sleep when folded back, but not a big problem. Doubt if I will even switch it yet. Kudos to them for trying to make it right.

Just got mine in the mail today

Top things i think that are different are
    1) Its heavier overall
    2) Less Magnets
    3) I don't think the flaps are as strong anymore (Laying it the table when put into the stand has made them unfold a few times trying it)
    4) Definitely feels firmer

Overall, i dont think they changed much, but personally i think i may have liked the prior one i already had (I never experience any of the issue any one has had with it).
    Awesome that they would ship out an undated version free of charge though!
    Banned

Global Posts
    854 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cybernutte View Post
    I just received my Moko Slim-Fit Multi-Angle Stand Cover Case with Auto Wake/Sleep feature today. I don't have a Poetic case to compare it with, but unlike FitzAus Tex, I don't find the Moko case to be at all loose. Indeed, if it were any tighter, I might not like it. As it is, it fits very snugly and is very comfortable to hold, in part because of the built-in strap. There's also an additional strap, elastic, that can be used as extra protection, but at least for now I don't feel any need to do so. After reading some of the comments in this and another thread about the relative merits of Moko vs other brands, I was apprehensive that I'd find the case either too heavy or too thick, but to my surprise it's neither. I feel it strikes a good balance between protecting the Nexus and being comfortable and slim. I bought it on Amazon for $15.99 (in black, it was $14.99, but I wanted it in red, and that was a dollar more). The URL:
    Amazon.com: MoKo Google New Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Gen Case - Slim-Fit Multi-angle Stand Cover Case BLACK (With Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep Feature): Computers & Accessories.
    The cases he's comparing are these "slim" cases that just use a little single angle fold up triangle stand. The case you have is a multi-angle stand. I have the same case as you because they're a little better for standing. Poetic also has a multi-angle case as well. These guys are talking about a different style though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

It looks like both sides are magnetic. The frame has the two visible magnets, and the flap also attracts iron/steel. Should I be worried it's too magnetic?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #90  

ROM
    STOCK

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn Rancher View Post
    It looks like both sides are magnetic. The frame has the two visible magnets, and the flap also attracts iron/steel. Should I be worried it's too magnetic?
    I don't think you should be worried at all. I've had the first case for a while and it hasn't affected my tablet in the slightest bit. In fact they took out one magnet so it's not as much magnets as the first case. (the second case that is)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

Worried why? It's not going to harm the device.
    Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
    Phone: Droid MAXX
    Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)

After playing with the replacement case for a couple days now, I like the look and feel of it, but it does not stand up when I fold it like the first one did. So for watching videos I cannot really use this case.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #93  

ROM
    STOCK

Quote Originally Posted by Hand_O_Death View Post
    Any issues so far with the new case?

my replacement just arrived has 3 magnets....so does my old one...cant tell the difference
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #95  

ROM
    STOCK

Quote Originally Posted by hiwayracer View Post
    my replacement just arrived has 3 magnets....so does my old one...cant tell the difference
    What really? That sounds odd. There should be only 2 magnets. That was the point because people have been complaining it's too strong so they took one out.

Quote Originally Posted by npark2012 View Post
    What really? That sounds odd. There should be only 2 magnets. That was the point because people have been complaining it's too strong so they took one out.
    I think part of the magnet issue was it causing the screen to go to 'sleep' when the flap was folded back. Are the magnets all in the exact same place on the new one?

Another recognized issue was that the case (or at least some of the initial production) was too snug on the device. Still awaiting my replacement in the hopes that the latter is resolved (haven't had any issues with the magnets).

Quote Originally Posted by snoopyandroid View Post
    Would love to get this case, but I can't seem to find it here in Toronto and the only one from amazon.ca is the slimline portfolio case and it's only for the 1st gen N7. Also, this case is $30 here where as it's 12.99 at amazon.com. Terrible.
    It is now available on Amazon Canada. I ordered yesterday and received it today. $5.95 for the black one.

Quote Originally Posted by BaritoneGuy View Post
    It is now available on Amazon Canada. I ordered yesterday and received it today. $5.95 for the black one.
    That's half the USD price. Maybe our economic policy is having a greater adverse impact then the administration is willing to officially admit.

That's half the USD price. Maybe our economic policy is having a greater adverse impact then the administration is willing to officially admit.
    That was the same price as that at which it launched on the US site initially, so not surprising - early bird discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8000 View Post
    I think part of the magnet issue was it causing the screen to go to 'sleep' when the flap was folded back. Are the magnets all in the exact same place on the new one?

Another recognized issue was that the case (or at least some of the initial production) was too snug on the device. Still awaiting my replacement in the hopes that the latter is resolved (haven't had any issues with the magnets).
    By the looks of it, the magnets are in the exact sample place - note the side by side picture (replacement case has the device in it). The magnetic closing of the new one actually seems stronger in my opinion.

I never had an issue with the original one being too snug...

Attachment 82164

Attachment 82165

Attachment 82166
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast