moko or poetic?

heeemz

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I have read quite a few reviews here and shortlisted these two, question I have is 1 - slim or ultra slim? , I see these two option available on amazon.com 2 - does any one know if they are available in India?

heeemz

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
You see those options for what? No idea about India, sorry.

Moko and Poetic - I see multiple models available on amazon. Starting from 6$ to 15.99. So far I could figure out that there are two types 1 - ultra slim light weight 2 - slim, slightly heavier than other one but offers extra cushion.

Is that correct understanding?

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I have the Moko Ultra Slim and Poetic Slimline. I'd definitely say the Poetic over the Moko. They are both similar but the Poetic is of better quality, better magnets, better hinge. Only knock is that I am not a fan of the Poetic logo. Moko looks classier, imho.

Posted via Android Central App

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I have both the Poetic and the Moko case, and I agree with FitzAusTex that the Poetic is functionally better for those listed reasons. I also think the Poetic logo with the dagger thingie is stupid looking, but to me the metal tab on the Moko's cover looks even worse.

mikemike162012

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the Moko Ultra Slim and Poetic Slimline. I'd definitely say the Poetic over the Moko. They are both similar but the Poetic is of better quality, better magnets, better hinge. Only knock is that I am not a fan of the Poetic logo. Moko looks classier, imho.

Curious to ask, if you used your Moko case. Do you get scratches on the screen from the metal magnet? I always thought the icon on poetic case is a petal rose, surprise to know its actually a dagger, lol.

cybernutte

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I just received my Moko Slim-Fit Multi-Angle Stand Cover Case with Auto Wake/Sleep feature yesterday. I don't have a Poetic case or the Moko Ultra Slim to compare it with, but I like it a lot. It fits very snugly and is very comfortable to hold, in part because of the built-in strap. There's also an additional strap, elastic, that can be used as extra protection, but at least for now I don't feel any need to do so. After reading some of the comments in this forum about the relative merits of Moko vs other brands, I was apprehensive that I'd find the case either too heavy or too thick, but to my surprise it's neither. I feel it strikes a good balance between protecting the Nexus and being comfortable and slim. I bought it on Amazon for $15.99 (in black, it was $14.99, but I wanted it in red, and that was a dollar more). The URL: Amazon.com: MoKo Google New Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Gen Case - Slim-Fit Multi-angle Stand Cover Case BLACK (With Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep Feature): Computers & Accessories

I might also mention that apparently Poetic will be replacing (for free) the Slimline case because of customer feedback. I read that in another thread in this forum: http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-7-2013-accessories/307157-poetic-slimline-case-thorough-review-3.html#post3043105 . That gesture really impresses me. If I didn't like my Moko so much, I'd give Poetic a try.

heeemz

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all, I am going to order moko slim line, will post my update when I receive. Unfortunately it won't reach soon enough to me. (Out side Us)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Curious to ask, if you used your Moko case. Do you get scratches on the screen from the metal magnet? I always thought the icon on poetic case is a petal rose, surprise to know its actually a dagger, lol.

No, the right side (in portrait) of the case is raised higher than the screen, so I think it pretty unlikely that the metal will come in contact with the screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37