1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7: Sleeve with thick BobJ case?

I have two nexus7 tablets that will be going to school with the kids each day protected by the Bobjgear case
    Amazon.com: Bobj Rugged Case for Nexus 7 WiFi or 3G/4G Tablet (Not for Nexus 7 FHD) - BobjGear protective cover - Bold Black: Electronics

Any suggestions or experience with a good sleeve combo? I would like to keep the price range +/- $15ea range if possible.

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-13-2014 at 10:52 PM.

This case might work with the Bobjgear case.

http://www.amazon.com/Generation-Neo...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Default Re: Sleeve with thick BobJ case?

I almost pulled the trigger on a few like Ultra50 posted there....but held off. I kept looking at all the bay listings and amazon listings of neoprene type sleeves that would fit the N7 with the Bobjgear on. You have to get accurate inner dimensions of these to make a good decision on fit. When you see some with pictures of a mini Ipad or a new N7 sticking out of it...you can sort of get an idea of the width or thickness of fit...but not the length which many are pretty tight even without any cause or thin covers on the N7. Then read any reviews of purchasers who seem to make accurate comments on fit.

I was always looking for a simple neoprene sleeve and could easily find tons of these very cheap $1 to $6 ones all made probably at the same factory in China. showed one with a longer and wider dimension than the normal ones you see fit for 7 inch tabs. It's pictures with a mini Ipad...you can see the extra room from that.

So i got it cheap and very quick. It easily fits the 2013 with a Bobjgear on it. I might modify the opening flap area though. To pull the small end over the remaining part of the tablet sticking out takes too long and both hands. I would like to slit the sides of the top flap open and add a velcro strap to keep it shut. Some simple cutting and sewing could accomplish this easy.

Nexus 7: Sleeve with thick BobJ case?-n7bobjsleve.jpg

Length is just enough (8.4 inches minimum is needed for sure) and the extra width could be used for few small extra things (like a stylus, otg cable, flash drive, ear pods, or blue tooth headset). The tablet is not going to move around inside as the rubber of the bobj case holds without slippage on the neoprene inside.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I've reconsidered the basic sleeve for a simple max protect option, and this is my result -
    Amazon.com: Plano Protector Single Pistol Case: Sports & Outdoors
    The interior dimensions are: 11.5 by 2.75 by 7.5 inches with the padded foam and plastic housing I think this will suffice the daily ritual of transporting home to school and back each day. (fingers crossed)

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not...

A pistol case??? The hell man.