Mirroring N7 2013

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Does Anybody use the PVT3000 with their N7? If so do you have to jump through hoops in order to make it work, like updating any firmware, setting up the device etc? I'm trying to find the best way to "mirror" my N7 2013 to my TV.... I see a lot of people recommending Chromecast as a solution, but while I'm sure Chromecast does a great job running apps, it doesn't actually "mirror" the N7 to the TV....I've also seen hit or miss stories using a slimport cable, and I just don't need the aggravation of going through that..... So please share your stories on what you've tried to mirror your N7, and what worked for you, and what didn't!...... Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The Nexus7 does Miracast have you tried that yet?

From Google support pages:

Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 10, and HTC One Google Play edition are compatible with devices that support the Wi-Fi Certified Miracast™ protocol for wireless display. To turn on the wireless display feature, go to Settings > Device > Display > Cast screen > Menu, then check the box next to “Enable Wireless Display.”

You can cast the screen to wirelessly stream video and audio to a variety of displays and other devices that support Miracast - even when a standard Wi-Fi network isn’t available. For example, you can cast the screen to show your device’s screen on a TV equipped with a certified Miracast adapter.

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
@zedorda.....I haven't tried miracast.....but that is what the PVT300 supports.....That being said, I've read that the PVT3000 has sort of performance issues (lags, connection reliability problems, etc.) I'm just trying to get some user inputs from people
who have tried different things, and had either success or failures with what they've tried.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

carlito.p

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I did have to upgrade the firmware of the netgear PVT3000, a it didn't quite work straight out of the box. I can't remember where I got the instructions, it was a YouTube video though that walked me right through. I've had it for about a year and has successfully worked with a Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, Samsung ATIV Book Plus, nexus 5 and nexus 7, all without issue. Definitely worth the money. There is noticeable lag when casting from smartphones, but virtually none from the ultrabook and nexus 7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk