1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question the future of chromecast question?

so it won't show everything that i see on nexus 7 right now.

will it be able to do that in the future? by then, do i need to buy a new chromecast or can i just update its firmware or software?

Default Re: the future of chromecast question?

Quote Originally Posted by preppystud View Post
    so it won't show everything that i see on nexus 7 right now.

will it be able to do that in the future? by then, do i need to buy a new chromecast or can i just update its firmware or software?
    yes, thats what some people have discovered from Android code.

you will need 4.4.1 and above and chromecast software will update automatically

Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat

Global Posts
    13,804 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

I think the Cast is off to a good start. Sure it can get better, but at $35 it truly isn't a bad start.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

when will that happen? does anyone know?

i am not sure if i want to buy it now or wait for an uncertain period of time?

Global Posts
    13,804 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by preppystud View Post
    when will that happen? does anyone know?

i am not sure if i want to buy it now or wait for an uncertain period of time?
    Not sure, but get it now. Kinda fun to watch movies from Play or store music to your TV.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3

I broke down and bought a Chromecast a few days ago.....I certainly can't say that I am sorry that I did! The video and audio quality is fantastic to say the least! For $35.00 you cannot go wrong at all.....Now if they do implement the screen mirroring as rumored, then it would be maybe the best all around device out there for using your tablet, phone, etc with your TV!...... PS, the setup on this thing was amazingly easy!

Global Posts
    13,804 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

From what I understand, there is more mirroring support code in one of the minor 4.4 updates.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

It really is a cool product. I have a Roku, and one thing it was missing was Youtube. That, and the ability to watch movies on my Nexus 7 on the train, and then continue the movie at home on my 46" Samsung TV was worth the $35 (actually someone bought it for me for Xmas). I'm having so much fun watching Youtube on my TV, there are so many things on Youtube that just aren't anywhere else, my Chrome Cast is getting so much use. Full movies (love old Kung Fu movies), sports highlights, just everything. I remember I read a book a few months back, it was a historical non-fiction book. I read somewhere that The History Channel had done a special on it, well, don't you know, there it was on Youtube. Back then, I had to watch it on my Nexus 7, now I can watch it on the big screen. Amazing gadget that will be even more incredible if it indeed will mimic my tablet and phone 100% (does that include playing games ?).

Quote Originally Posted by Scott99 View Post
    Amazing gadget that will be even more incredible if it indeed will mimic my tablet and phone 100% (does that include playing games ?).
    Unless they change something, it would not work well for games. There is a noticeable lag when casting tabs from Chrome. I expect that lag may be there for casting the whole device as well, which would ruin the experience for most games. But I agree that as a whole, the Chromecast is a great device, especially for the price.
    Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
    Phone: Droid MAXX
    Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)