Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7: wireless charging with a case

I currently have a poetic slim line case on my 2013 nexus 7. after ordering a nexus 5 and an official nexus wireless charger along with it (the small square one, not the orb), i noticed my nexus 7 would not charge wirelessly with the case on it. is anyone using this combination having this issue? I would like to keep the wireless charger but am willing to get a different nexus 7 case that is similar to the poetic slimline if it means i can wirelessly charge. does anyone have any tried and true suggestions for such a case? thanks for your time and help!

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

Default Re: wireless charging with a case

The nexus wireless charger is very sensitive to how the phone is placed. Make sure you move it around a bit to find the sweet spot
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: wireless charging with a case

I did attempt to move it around carefully on a few occasions. I will certainly try it again but I tried to be very thorough on my first few attempts without any luck. I have a feeling it is not possible with this case but I could be mistaken.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Re: Nexus 7: wireless charging with a case

OK after painstaking trial, I don't think this thing is going to wirelessly charge with this case on this charger. Now I am on the hunt for a similar case that will for sure work with this charger. Any suggestions?

I use the Poetic with a Nokia dt910 and it works fine although it is slightly touchy about placement.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I have also used the poetic case with the Nokia. Both the 900 and 910 work fine.

Posted via Android Central App

I use the Nokia wireless charger with my Nexus 7 protected by a Moko Slim Fit Case.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    You can observe a lot by watching- Yogi Berra