Is this tablet still worth it?

ericmazariegos

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been in the market for a small form tablet. Recently, I got an iPad mini 3 expecting it to be a great experience. Having had the iPhone 6 before (subsequently returning it due to just how different iOS is compared to Android), I was familiar with apple's software and I wanted to try it out in a bigger form factor. However, the way iOS works is just a nightmare. Sure it's fluid and everything just works, but it seems everything works not the way I want it to. Long story short, my time with the iPad has been decent but I can't see myself using it for the small, portable tablet I was looking for. Also worth noting, I got the iPad because I previously had a nexus 7 2012, but it was utterly decimated by the lollipop update and it's just not usable. So...
With this, I ask you guys who've owned the nexus 7 2013, is it still worth it? On one hand, the tablet is really old, and there might be a new model in the works. On the other hand, maybe there's not, and Google is content: if it ain't broke don't fix it. Coupled with the fact that it got rave reviews when it came out AND you could get one used for around $100 currently, I can't see this being a bad purchase.
I need a small tablet mainly for reading news apps, browsing Chrome, browsing and editing documents with Google Docs, listening to music, and watching youtube. So, is this one worth it? Any other small form factor tablets out there that are better? Thanks everyone who responds.

Posted via the Android Central App

amrovi2014

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Nexus tablet for two years and currently running lollipop with no issues. Very good tablet!

Posted via Android Central App on Nexus 7 (2013)

twdawson

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I have just bought a brand new nexus 7 just the other day for £99. This is my second time owning a nexus 7 and its still a good little tablet.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol