Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need to use USB OTG while charging

Is there any way I can use USB OTG while simultaneously charging my new Nexus 7? I want to get this cable (Amazon.com : Micro USB Host OTG Cable with Micro USB Power for Samsung i9100 i9300 i9220 i9250 by AtomicMarket : Micro Usb Host Otg Cable W/Usb Power : Computers & Accessories), so I can hook up this ethernet adapter instead of using the wifi (Amazon.com : BobjGear USB to RJ45 Compact Fast Ethernet Adapter made for Android Tablets; also works with Ultrabooks, Windows, Linux, Mac, ChromeOS, Android TV Sticks MK802, MK808, UG802, UG007, iMito, Favi. BobjGear One Year Adapter Limited Warranty), but other reviews have said that I'd need a custom rom, and I do not want to get a custom rom because I want to use Android 4.3. Any way to make this work?

Default Re: Need to use USB OTG while charging

I don't know what using that Ethernet adapter would entail... But I think you're missing an obvious (though not necessarily economic) alternative), you can get a Qi charging pad and charge wirelessly while using the USB port. I know there's some split USB OTG cables out there that have a separate power lead, but I think they're meant for powering up external devices with phones that don't properly do so (nexus 4) rather than supplying power to the phone/tablet. Why exactly do you need to avoid wifi btw?

May be it would be best for a new router if you want the speed get a dual band the n7 supports it
    here's my dual band speeds off my router keep in mind your speeds will differ on the connection you have and im running 2 computers 3 phones and 2 ps3 off of it

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

Not bad rite? Would you like the router name? Its mid range but its good and i get good signal strength its about 84 dollars and i have a usb port where i store a 32 gig flash drive and use it as a media server
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need to use USB OTG while charging-1376130380555.jpg   Need to use USB OTG while charging-1376130391335.jpg  
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have to avoid wifi because my mom is really into health and told me that wifi interferes with your body and makes it hard to sleep and to focus on doing work. So I keep it off at all times except when I need to use it on my iPad, then I turn it off when I'm done. But this Nexus 7 will be used for an intercom/notification system in the kitchen and will never be moved. I'd rather just return this N7 and get the old N7 so I can use the pogo pins but I can't find it on sale anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobschooley View Post
    I have to avoid wifi because my mom is really into health and told me that wifi interferes with your body and makes it hard to sleep and to focus on doing work. So I keep it off at all times except when I need to use it on my iPad, then I turn it off when I'm done. But this Nexus 7 will be used for an intercom/notification system in the kitchen and will never be moved. I'd rather just return this N7 and get the old N7 so I can use the pogo pins but I can't find it on sale anywhere.
    Their phasing it out and i doubt a sale once its gone its gone