1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default First time rooting

Hello, this is my first post here on Android Central. I have just gotten a Nexus 7 2013 16 gb WiFi only. This is my first Android device and I am looking to root it. I am going to update it to 4.4 KitKat before I root. It would be great if someone could point me to a guide of the root. After doing some research, I've come up with these two options: and ... I would prefer to do the one-click root, however, reading the comments it seems that people are having trouble with it. Can someone please point me in the right direction here?

Default Re: First time rooting

Quote Originally Posted by cj_83 View Post
    Hello, this is my first post here on Android Central. I have just gotten a Nexus 7 2013 16 gb WiFi only. This is my first Android device and I am looking to root it. I am going to update it to 4.4 KitKat before I root. It would be great if someone could point me to a guide of the root. After doing some research, I've come up with these two options: and ... I would prefer to do the one-click root, however, reading the comments it seems that people are having trouble with it. Can someone please point me in the right direction here?
    one click will work but you should be ready to factory reset from recovery after rooting.

that should fix the issue if u ever had one
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    one click will work but you should be ready to factory reset from recovery after rooting.

that should fix the issue if u ever had one
    Ok thank you for the quick feedback. I am going to do the root tomorrow and I will post back here on my results. If anyone else has input please continue to post on here.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Ok so I have decided that i'm just going to go with the manual rooting route instead of the one-click. I have downloaded the most recent clockwork mod. My only question is can I use the SuperSU from the Play store instead of downloading from the browser on my Nexus 7? I am running 4.4.2