Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Trying to root Nexus 7 using Nexus Root Kit?

I already did unlock, and now I pressed root. It brought my tablet to the bootloader screen but I can't control anything with the keys. Nexus Root Kit has been stuck on this message for a while:

Information:
    Booting modified boot.img to enable running privileged commands...

What do I do? Did something go wrong or is this step supposed to take an hour?

Default Re: Trying to root Nexus 7 using Nexus Root Kit?

Quote Originally Posted by nexus776 View Post
    Booting modified boot.img to enable running privileged commands...
    First I'm wondering exactly what this is above that you posted...

Second.. Your unlocked, awesome!

Next you just need to get CWM or TWRP recovery pushed to the device. Once that is done you can flash SuperUser or SuperSU to complete the process of gaining root access.

Which Tool Kit are you using? Wug's is probably one of the most reliable and creditable.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

The directions with Wug's Toolkit tell you everything step by step. Normally if something takes too long or freezes up it is because of drivers not installed properly.

ROM
    Captivate - Paragon RC6

I am having the SAME issue.

I was unlocked / rooted on JB through wugfresh. Then I got the Kit Kat OTA and downloaded it. It broke my root and custom recovery.

Now, after I got Kit kat I decided to root again. Said I was still unlocked, but I kept getting that booting modiied boot image message and it would stick on that. I relocked, re-unlocked, wiped everything and tried again. Still got that message. Now, in fastboot about lock state - unlocked it ALSO says Secure Boot - Enabled in green. I can't get TWRP pushed to it in wugfresh. Do we have to do through ADB?

ROM
    Captivate - Paragon RC6

Actually, followed sakitech's YouTube video through ADB and it worked. I'd suggest that. Really, really easy even for an ADB nooblet like myself!