Very much a noob... I installed TWRP (2.6) a while ago and recently got stuck on the bootloader after trying to do an OTA udate to 4.4.

I'm now trying to install a stock ROM (kot49h) but struggling. I downloaded the rom from google, unpacked the the tgz file, then tried to adb sideload the zip file. I can get this on to my Nexus, but when it tries to install it it says "no MD5 file found". I get the same "no MD5 file found" error if I try to install the sideload.zip file through TWRP.

I'm guessing this is all basic stuff, but what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
    01-14-2014 04:14 PM
    The file you grabbed from Google needs to be done via Fastboot and the bootloader.

You can grab this handy Minimal ADB and Fastboot installer from the link below..

[TOOL]Minimal ADB and Fastboot [7-18-13] - xda-developers

Once you get that installed inside that tgz file package " Google Factory Images " you will see inside after unzipping a few times a " flash-all " file. Click on that and let it do its thing

Here is what you will be looking for once you properly unzip that tgz file.. Note this is from my Nexus 7 (2012) model.

Nexus 7: Failed recovery - no md5 file found-nexus-7-flash-all-example.png
    01-14-2014 04:20 PM
    Oh just to clarify some of the terminology so you better understand in the future.

The Google Factory Images which you grabbed is NOT consider a ROM. A ROM is a " unofficial " modified/custom version of the official OS done by an independent developer or team of developers to run on your device. They are flashed using a custom recovery like you have, TWRP or CWM.

Good luck
    01-14-2014 04:27 PM
    Thanks for the help. I've been doing this on a mac, but just trying what you suggest on an old PC. After installing Minimal ADB and Fastboot I click the batch file, it opens a new cmd prompt saying "Fastboot is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."
    01-14-2014 05:09 PM
    All sorted... managed to get Fastboot working and Kitkat is now installed. Big thanks for putting me on the right track.
    01-15-2014 02:53 PM