Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xceeder
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question new to the world of android. should i root if all i want is to block ads??

so i found out recently that if you root the n7, you can block all ads!!! this is so awesome and i would love to have that ability but before i start rooting, is there a simpler solution? do we have an app on the play store that can accomplish the same?

not that i'm against rooting, i just don't want to go through the hassle of backing everything up to root my n7. it's pretty much working exactly the way i want it now, minus the ads.

Default Re: new to the world of android. should i root if all i want is to block ads??

Quote Originally Posted by JConn_Lefty View Post
    so i found out recently that if you root the n7, you can block all ads!!! this is so awesome and i would love to have that ability but before i start rooting, is there a simpler solution? do we have an app on the play store that can accomplish the same?

not that i'm against rooting, i just don't want to go through the hassle of backing everything up to root my n7. it's pretty much working exactly the way i want it now, minus the ads.
    Hhhmm just to root to block ads is probably not worth it but there's a lot of better things you can do than just stop ads I'll post a screenshot of my home screen and look at the bottom at my softkeys..

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..
    Thanked by:

Default Re: new to the world of android. should i root if all i want is to block ads??

JConn_Lefty likes this.

You can customise it to your liking

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by xceeder View Post
    Hhhmm just to root to block ads is probably not worth it but there's a lot of better things you can do than just stop ads I'll post a screenshot of my home screen and look at the bottom at my softkeys..

i'm do like to customize things....