Nexus 7 does not boot after flash stock and recovery.

TheSL65Black

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I had previously rooted my Nexus 7 and installed CyanogenMod, but I wanted to bring it back to stock. I flashed the stock firmware back onto it using Nexus Root Toolkit and I OEM Locked the bootloader, and now when I turn it on, it hangs at the Google screen. It's as if Android is missing completely. I cannot unlock the bootloader as well, as it freezes when I select yes to unlock bootloader. Can anyone help me get Android back?

wantabe

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I had previously rooted my Nexus 7 and installed CyanogenMod, but I wanted to bring it back to stock. I flashed the stock firmware back onto it using Nexus Root Toolkit and I OEM Locked the bootloader, and now when I turn it on, it hangs at the Google screen. It's as if Android is missing completely. I cannot unlock the bootloader as well, as it freezes when I select yes to unlock bootloader. Can anyone help me get Android back?

i have the same problem!!
First make sure you have the battery charged, at least to some degree, also verify you flashed the correct image if you still have it on your computer. If you have stock recovery and the N7 is off, press and hold the power button and volume down button at the same time. That will put you in the bootloader screen. You should see android laying down with an exclamation mark. Press and hold the power button and volume up button at the same time, that will get you to the stock recovery. Factory reset. If the N7 is on and stuck trying to boot up, hold down (longpress) the power button to force it to reboot. As soon as the screen shuts off and before the screen powers back up, hold down the volume down button. That will also get you to the bootloader screen. Then... power button and volume up will get you to stock recovery. Most of the time a factory reset will take care of that problem after flashing back to stock. If not you need to flash the factory image again and do a factory reset..

I've never had that problem using the android sdk, it seems to me that using a toolkit is when I see problems like this happen. I have the full sdk installed but this would make getting adb setup on your computer very easy and using fastboot is not hard to learn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith