Nexus 7: How long does rooting take?
I am using the Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.0, and it is stuck on booting modified boot.img to enable running privileged commands.
Been there over 30 minutes.
Is this normal?
Should I retry and do something different?
I chose Root and checkmarked custom recovery.
- 01-24-2014, 07:00 PM #2
Re: How long does rooting take?
Yeah this is abnormal.
Manually done via Command Prompt and Fastboot its in the neighborhood of about 10 minutes or less once you have the necessary files and computer setup.
Using the Toolkits its about the same give or take a few...
I would suggest retrying. I'm assuming since your at that stage you have successfully unlocked the bootloader and flashed the custom recovery?
- 01-24-2014, 09:09 PM #5
- 05-06-2014, 10:38 PM #7
- By juliankingston2 in forum Droid RAZR MAXXReplies: 2Last Post: 01-27-2014, 07:48 PM
- By paisley99 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 01-27-2014, 02:58 AM
- By ilyabyk83 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 01-27-2014, 12:38 AM
- By losl in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 1Last Post: 01-24-2014, 04:25 PM
- By Amir in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 4Last Post: 01-24-2014, 02:12 PM