Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wizzrah
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Need help

    So i decided to root my nexus 7. I have a mac so i followed ray ban fedora video guide on youtube followed all instructions and everything went alright. when i went to download titanium backup it says that I'm not rooted and to check my rom. i have supersu installed when i went to the app it says that SU binary needs to be updated. need help am i rooted or did i mess up?
  2. #2  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,691 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

    Default Re: Need help

    Quote Originally Posted by j0hnnyyyy View Post
    So i decided to root my nexus 7. I have a mac so i followed ray ban fedora video guide on youtube followed all instructions and everything went alright. when i went to download titanium backup it says that I'm not rooted and to check my rom. i have supersu installed when i went to the app it says that SU binary needs to be updated. need help am i rooted or did i mess up?
    You should update the binaries. Usually that means that you did not flash the most up to date version of SuperSU.
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

    "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

    "The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Need help

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    You should update the binaries. Usually that means that you did not flash the most up to date version of SuperSU.
    i downloaded it off of supers website. CWM-SuperSU-v0.98.zip is this the latest?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Need help

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    You should update the binaries. Usually that means that you did not flash the most up to date version of SuperSU.
    sorry I'm new to this and very worried about bricking my nexus so how would i update the binaries?
  5. #5  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,691 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

    Default Re: Need help

    Quote Originally Posted by j0hnnyyyy View Post
    sorry I'm new to this and very worried about bricking my nexus so how would i update the binaries?
    The latest version is here:

    You would flash it in recovery. The link says "CWM / TWRP / MobileODIN installable ZIP" so it is compatible with most recoveries.

    You Download the zip and put it on your nexus. Then boot into recovery. Flash the zip. Reboot the tablet. I believe you can make a backup in recovery as well if you are worried.

    Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

    "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

    "The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
    Thanked by:
    j0hnnyyyy likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Need help

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    The latest version is here:

    You would flash it in recovery. The link says "CWM / TWRP / MobileODIN installable ZIP" so it is compatible with most recoveries.

    You Download the zip and put it on your nexus. Then boot into recovery. Flash the zip. Reboot the tablet. I believe you can make a backup in recovery as well if you are worried.

    Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk
    so go into recovery and go to install and flash the new twrp? i already downloaded the link you posted
  7. #7  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,691 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

    Default Re: Need help

    Quote Originally Posted by j0hnnyyyy View Post
    so go into recovery and go to install and flash the new twrp? i already downloaded the link you posted
    TWRP? You mean the latest version of Supersu? Yes. Download it, put it on your nexus, then flash in recovery.

    Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

    "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

    "The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Need help

    thanks wizzrah you help me with the problem now just have to do some research on how to put the elementals kernel so i can use an otg and power usb device and charge nexus 7. do you have any other links that can steer me in the right direction on the kernel and I'm guessing i need a custom rom as well?
  9. #9  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,691 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

    Default Re: Need help

    Quote Originally Posted by j0hnnyyyy View Post
    thanks wizzrah you help me with the problem now just have to do some research on how to put the elementals kernel so i can use an otg and power usb device and charge nexus 7. do you have any other links that can steer me in the right direction on the kernel and I'm guessing i need a custom rom as well?
    Usually you flash a ROM before a kernel, but in this case, it seems you don't. The elementalx kernel has the OTG USB charge enabled. My nexus 7 2013 is stock and untampered :P so I only know so much.

    Check out the xda forum for stuff like that.



    Best thing to do is read! Best of luck!

    Edit: Sorry, linked it to the nexus 7 2012 version. Updated it so it links to the 2013 forum.


    Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

    "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

    "The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix

Similar Threads

  1. Nexus 5. Help finding files using windows 8
    By Nicholas Forsythe in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-01-2014, 08:13 PM
  2. Help with Samsung Galaxy S3-Keeps turning off
    By Alexis Momney in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-30-2014, 09:18 PM
  3. Nexus 5. Help finding files using windows 8
    By Nicholas Forsythe in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2014, 11:25 PM
  4. I need HELP!!
    By puffiestpanda in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2014, 07:28 PM
  5. need for speed mW on nexus 7
    By Del Wright in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2014, 06:05 PM

Posting Permissions

B