Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7: failed hard reset - now it won´t boot

Hey! I tried to hard reset my nexus 2013 - but it failed and now it doesn't have any operating system!

When i start it, the google logo appears nothing else! But I can still get to the fast-boot menu - but not any further!

I tried to flash it, but it doesn't work because it hasn't been unlocked or debugged!

any "easy-fixes"?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-16-2014 at 01:04 PM.

Default Re: failed hard reset - now it won´t boot

Hello,

You will need to attempt to unlock the bootloader in order to flash the device.

How did you go about doing a hard reset on you Nexus 7 ?
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I did the hard reset from the settings menu "factory reset" - how can i unlock the bootload, from the fastboot menu?

Follow the instructions in the thread below. Its from the Nexus 7 (2012) but as with all Nexus devices the procedure is still the same, no changes.

[GUIDE][MAC/PC/LINUX][4.2] Unlock, Root and Flash Recovery
    Paul

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

It says I need to debugge it? Will it still work?

Now i tried and it just shows "unlock bootloader" on my nexus, when i choose "yes" - Command Prompt says "infoerasing userdata....." but nothing else happens?
    Last edited by soestroem; 02-16-2014 at 11:09 AM.

Not that it may change things but what OS are you using on your computer to perform the unlock? I know there has been issues on and off with Windows 8.

Try different USB ports, cables...
    Paul

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I use windows 7, I will try new cabel and usb port - thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Not that it may change things but what OS are you using on your computer to perform the unlock? I know there has been issues on and off with Windows 8.

Try different USB ports, cables...

Try the USB ports off the back of your computer/laptop. Those are usually right off the motherboard and strongest connection. The other " remote " USB ports on the front or sides of your desktop/laptop are wired and not always as responsive.
    Paul