Can't Get a Factory Reset in a Bootloader stuck Nexus 7 V2

Basedinc

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello, after many days of googling, I have not found anything that has helped and I'm stuck in a rut, hopefully I may get some help by you guys here :)

First off, the problem starts off with my device, after unsuccessfully rooting my device, I thought I would try to unroot the device to remove the files from the failed root. At this point, my device turns on and functions like a stock Nexus 7. It's currently unlocked but not rooted. After trying to unroot the device, when it tries to reboot, it is stuck at the Google logo, with the padlock at the bottom (additionally, after turning it of, I no longer need to press the volume key with the power button to turn it on to bootloader, just turning it on normally turns on bootloader mode).

I want to do a factory reset but here are the factors that restrict me from doing so:

- I want to do a factory reset through recovery mode, but when I turn on bootloader, and press recovery mode, it just brings me back to bootloader. (Here is a video demonstrating this) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92ONJe3vRSU

- I thought of connecting my device and flashing a factory image with CWM and TWRP but when I connect my device into my computer, it does not get detected. PIC_0323.jpg (This is a picture showing my nexus plugged in and my computer not reading it)

Additional information that might be helpful:
Bootloader information:

FASTBOOT MODE
PRODUCT NAME -flo
VARIANT - flo 32G
HW VERSION - rev_e
BOOTLOADER VERSION - FLO-04.02
CARRIER INFO - None
SERIAL NUMBER - 05ef80d5
SIGNING - yes
SECURE BOOT - enabled
LOCK STATE - unlocked

Thank you for reading and reviewing my problem and hope to hear a response soon, thanks a plenty! :)

Rickard Johansson1

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
You can fix this problem by reflashign the stockimage from google with fastboot.

fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase system
fastboot erase userdata

fastboot flash bootloader <insert bootloader image here>

fastboot reboot-bootloader

fastboot -w update <flash image>

fastboot oem lock
fastboot oem unlock

fastboot reboot

all done!

nuxbag

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
You can fix this problem by reflashign the stockimage from google with fastboot.

fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase system
fastboot erase userdata

fastboot flash bootloader <insert bootloader image here>

fastboot -w update <flash image>

fastboot oem lock
fastboot oem unlock

fastboot reboot