Stock rooted 4.4.2 will not boot at all

oyvinla

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I have a Nexus 7 running stock 4.4.2 rooted rom and now it will not turn on. This device was flashed and rooted a couple of months ago.

Here the other day, when I tried to turn it on, it booted into recovery where it said no OS installed. I then rebooted, but it was still going into recovery. I turned it off and put it away for a couple of days,but now it will not boot at all. I have tried several ways like hard reboot with the power + volume down + volume up, but there is no response at all. The screen is black. I tried to charge the device, connect it to the computer, nothing happens. Running the command "ADB devices" from terminal can't find any device.

Any suggestions? Can the device suddenly just stop working due to rooting/unlocked bootloader? Could it be that there is a hardware problem?

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nexus 7 running stock 4.4.2 rooted rom and now it will not turn on. This device was flashed and rooted a couple of months ago.

Here the other day, when I tried to turn it on, it booted into recovery where it said no OS installed. I then rebooted, but it was still going into recovery. I turned it off and put it away for a couple of days,but now it will not boot at all. I have tried several ways like hard reboot with the power + volume down + volume up, but there is no response at all. The screen is black. I tried to charge the device, connect it to the computer, nothing happens. Running the command "ADB devices" from terminal can't find any device.

Any suggestions? Can the device suddenly just stop working due to rooting/unlocked bootloader? Could it be that there is a hardware problem?

Well, if the device is completely in the non responsive state then I doubt but I think there are some hardware problems over your device. I would say you need to take your device to the nearest customer support for fixing it up. Because I don't think that we can help you out if the device is completely in the non responding i.e. dead mode.

Crossvxm

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

Customer support won't help a rooted device. Heres a great suggestion, if you have a custom recovery, then you'll just need to boot it up there and push a ROM thru ADB (or some type of toolkit like from the 2012 N7 which does the commands for you) to your device and flash it back to life. If the ADB is too complicated, buy a USB OTG cable and a flash drive, copy the ROM to the flash drive and flash from custom recovery using the OTG option. It happened to me where I went to wipe the system, data, and cache and accidentally ticked in the Internal Storage option and ended up wiping the ROMs i planned on flashing along with any OS.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie