Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus7 boots for 3 seconds then shuts down

I can't keep it on long enough to connect to PC. Half the time it shuts down right after the bouncing balls. The other half it will give a split second shot of the home screen before the balls, load the "Welcome" screen for 2-3 seconds, then shut down. Some times it will load a "sparkling" screen and stay on. I've done the system wipe to factory settings..

Default Re: Nexus7 boots for 3 seconds then shuts down

Could you give a little more background as to when this all started and what you have done leading up to this?

Custom ROM? Rooted but stock?
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Nexus7 boots for 3 seconds then shuts down

Happened about 6 months ago. Evidently the battery ran down to the point it wouldn't boot up. I did the procedure of soft reset, power,volume down, etc. It charged and worked until it wasn't used for a month. It was turned off so the battery wasn't dead. I haven't done anything to the system like you are asking. It's still stock.
    Tom