Nexus Tab vs other tablets
06-19-2012 08:20 PM
- It is rumoured that the tablet will aim for the budget market.
How do you think this tablet will stack up against other tablets, especially 7" ones? For example, if I were to get a small tablet, should I wait for this or get a MediaPad or something like that?
Blazing on my Nexus Prime06-15-2012 10:29 PM
- If Nvidia does as they are hoping to with KAI and if this is a possible variant on the Asus MeMo 370t, it could very well be the best tablet out in the 7 inch form. The thing is everything right now is speculation and you will have to wait at least until Google IO if you want to maybe find something out about a Nexus Tab. Even at IO nothing maybe announced or released on the topic and the best 2 options that are available for the time being will be the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus or the Kindle Fire. Either way they are both skinned, on more heavily then the other, and one has access to Google services and the other doesn't. Want a power house that work well with Google services go with the Samsung GTab 7 Plus. Want something to read Kindle Books on and play with a handful of apps, Kindle Fire might be better.06-16-2012 05:49 PM
- I have a Galaxy Tab Plus, and really like it alot. For me the 7" form factor is perfect. I read mail on it and basically bought it to replace my old school kindle I left on a plane. I did have a 24 hour test with the Kindle Fire. The Fire was nice, but the lack of Google integration sent it packing. I really didnt want to respend all the money on apps that I have already purchased for my Android phone.
Now on the the Google Tablet. Im very interested in a Google 7" tablet running ICS. My Tab Plus has Honeycomb and I check every day for ICS. Im pretty sure we will see this at IO. I will be selling my 7" tab and getting the Google hardware.06-16-2012 05:59 PM
The only negative I have about the Fire is the lack of SD card slot. I'm doing fine on space utilizing cloud services such as Dropbox, Box, and Drive, I just wish I could load my entire eComics collection onto the device, but I have about 2 gb's worth that should keep me busy reading for a while lol. Depending on the price of the Nexus tab, I might pick it up just for the space.06-16-2012 08:56 PM
- I have been wanting a tablet for a few months now, but as dumb as this sounds, I just want the best available. Simple request I know.
Have been thinking about picking up the infinity when it finally comes out, but this is certainly peeking my interest. I think I'd rather have a 10' but I love my galaxy nexus and like the idea of keeping that trend going with a nexus tablet.
If I could get a nexus tablet that is designed to be high end I would be happiest and thats what worries me I should wait until google announces all of the nexi towards the end of the year. Guess I'll just see what plays out at IO and go from there.06-18-2012 09:49 PM
I have been looking for a good quality tablet that does not destroy my wallet. The memo370t was going to fit the bill, but I would not mind paying an extra 100 for a full size 10 inch.06-19-2012 08:20 PM
- Google Hardware, Services & Apps
- More Google Devices & Services
- Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
Nexus Tab vs other tablets
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD