Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OutofStep13
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    MiNCO

Default Nexus Tab vs other tablets

It is rumoured that the tablet will aim for the budget market.
    How do you think this tablet will stack up against other tablets, especially 7" ones? For example, if I were to get a small tablet, should I wait for this or get a MediaPad or something like that?

Blazing on my Nexus Prime

Default Re: Nexus Tab vs other tablets

If Nvidia does as they are hoping to with KAI and if this is a possible variant on the Asus MeMo 370t, it could very well be the best tablet out in the 7 inch form. The thing is everything right now is speculation and you will have to wait at least until Google IO if you want to maybe find something out about a Nexus Tab. Even at IO nothing maybe announced or released on the topic and the best 2 options that are available for the time being will be the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus or the Kindle Fire. Either way they are both skinned, on more heavily then the other, and one has access to Google services and the other doesn't. Want a power house that work well with Google services go with the Samsung GTab 7 Plus. Want something to read Kindle Books on and play with a handful of apps, Kindle Fire might be better.

I have a Galaxy Tab Plus, and really like it alot. For me the 7" form factor is perfect. I read mail on it and basically bought it to replace my old school kindle I left on a plane. I did have a 24 hour test with the Kindle Fire. The Fire was nice, but the lack of Google integration sent it packing. I really didnt want to respend all the money on apps that I have already purchased for my Android phone.

Now on the the Google Tablet. Im very interested in a Google 7" tablet running ICS. My Tab Plus has Honeycomb and I check every day for ICS. Im pretty sure we will see this at IO. I will be selling my 7" tab and getting the Google hardware.

ROM
    Black Ice Kangerade

Quote Originally Posted by CarlGalgano View Post
    I have a Galaxy Tab Plus, and really like it alot. For me the 7" form factor is perfect.
    I agree, a 7'' tablet is the perfect companion to my Galaxy Nexus. I've been wanting a tablet for a few months now and decided on the Kindle Fire. All I wanted it for was web browsing, ebook/comic reading, and light gaming. I didn't need all the bells and whistles that the more expensive tabs offered for what I'm using it for. Picked up a Fire a couple nights ago for $120 in great condition on Craigslist and couldn't be happier. Rooted it and flashed an ICS rom and it's been running great.

The only negative I have about the Fire is the lack of SD card slot. I'm doing fine on space utilizing cloud services such as Dropbox, Box, and Drive, I just wish I could load my entire eComics collection onto the device, but I have about 2 gb's worth that should keep me busy reading for a while lol. Depending on the price of the Nexus tab, I might pick it up just for the space.

I've been reading rumors of them releasing a 10' tablet as well for 3-350. I'd rather have 10 tablet if i had a choice of size. But we'll all just have to wait another week till google i/o conference.

ROM
    Something Jelly

I have been wanting a tablet for a few months now, but as dumb as this sounds, I just want the best available. Simple request I know.

Have been thinking about picking up the infinity when it finally comes out, but this is certainly peeking my interest. I think I'd rather have a 10' but I love my galaxy nexus and like the idea of keeping that trend going with a nexus tablet.

If I could get a nexus tablet that is designed to be high end I would be happiest and thats what worries me I should wait until google announces all of the nexi towards the end of the year. Guess I'll just see what plays out at IO and go from there.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

I hope google has some surprises up it's sleeve, I was pretty impressed with the surface announcement today.

ROM
    Black Ice Kangerade

Quote Originally Posted by robk84 View Post
    I hope google has some surprises up it's sleeve, I was pretty impressed with the surface announcement today.
    Same here. I might need to hold off on the Nexus tablet and wait for the Surface. It looked really great.
    mafu6 likes this.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,519 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Surface windows 8 pro has my vote will it cost a grand I bet so. Will it b true operating os helllle yea. Will it have a 128ssd maybe bigger. But wait Microsoft isn't only tablet maker doing that Asus Samsung Toshiba dell are few.

Quote Originally Posted by mwara244 View Post
    I've been reading rumors of them releasing a 10' tablet as well for 3-350. I'd rather have 10 tablet if i had a choice of size. But we'll all just have to wait another week till google i/o conference.

I have been looking for a good quality tablet that does not destroy my wallet. The memo370t was going to fit the bill, but I would not mind paying an extra 100 for a full size 10 inch.