Nexus 7 and Gorilla Glass

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Looks like the Nexus 7 is sporting Corning's Gorilla Glass. From Google's website:
Stunning 7” display
Nexus 7 brings your entertainment to life in stunning clarity on a vibrant 1280-by-800 high-resolution display protected by scratch resistant Corning? glass. With over one million pixels in your hand, text is sharper, HD movies are more vivid and gameplay is smooth and dynamic.

This should make a lot of people happy.

Reactions: dmmarck

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Original gorilla glass, or gorilla glass 2, that is the question.

Gorilla glass 2 is a little thinner with the same tensile strength according to Corning. Could help take a few ounces off the tablet.

The lighter the better if you are going to be carrying it around a lot. Even if only a smidgen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Original gorilla glass, or gorilla glass 2, that is the question.

Gorilla glass 2 is a little thinner with the same tensile strength according to Corning. Could help take a few ounces off the tablet.

The lighter the better if you are going to be carrying it around a lot. Even if only a smidgen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Well apparently it's what...340 grams? That's fairly light. Reviewers commented that it was like a kindle...and not the kindle fire.

Fenton Travers

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
It's corning glass NOT corning gorilla glass. both my nexus 7 screens have cracked with normal use...freaking very pissed and would never recommend this tablet to anyone. Seems the Ainol Hero 10 is a nice alternative and it does have Gorilla Glass...which IMO, is one of the most important features of a tablet...since cracked screen == trash can...since a screen replace is same price as new!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21