Notification menu choice.

Mikeypizzle

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else find it weird that Google chose the phone version of pull down notifications, instead of the tablet pop up from the bottom version?

Do you think all tablets with jellybean will be this way? Or is this simply due to screen size?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering about this too. Before today, Google's tablet OS was based on the Xoom - which has a 10.1" screen. Maybe they thought at 7" a combined status bar/navigation bar would be too cramped? Or maybe they're trying to further blur the lines of phone and tablet?

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I was also wondering why they didnt do it like the ICS on the XOOM and Transformer Prime, but I also thought what ragnarokx said, that Google is trying to unify the OS for phone and tablet. Which makes lots of sense.

At this point I think it's a new change we'll need to get used to then we'll like it.

Mikeypizzle

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Finally saw a hands-on video and it looks like the pull down notification doesn't fill the whole screen like on a phone. It comes about 1/2 way down and fills about 90 of the width and is centered.

Also I understand blurring the line between Tablet and Phone but i really liked having that constant notification on the bottom the was easy to just tap and get quick info and then tap away and not have to pull down. That was the great part of the tablet experience. I hope they keep it this was on the larger screen sizes.

enjoylife949

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I agree that I wish access to notifications and system settings were on the bottom right like it is on the Xoom (ICS and Honeycomb). I also wish the home screen rotated so when you exit an app in landscape mode you do not have to physically rotate the tablet; that is so frustrating!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz