Jelly bean phone version on nexus 7!!!

latila155

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody else think that google used the phone version of jelly beam in the nexus 7.... i don't know but i think this is not the tablet version of jelly beam

Salacon

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Jelly beam phone version on nexus 7!!!

Unless they're going to alter the UI for tablets in a future version of Android, then I think we're seeing what we're going to get. Google has stated that they want to have the phone and tablet UI unified as one. I feel what we saw is what we're going to get.

It doesn't bother me that much, though I do wish I could go landscape on the home screens in ICS and JB. That's just a small nitpick on my part, though.

latila155

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

So you think a 10 inch tab will see the same system bar at the bottom with those 3 streched buttons... that would be odd

Salacon

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

I suppose it's possible for the larger tablets (10") to still end up being specifically designed as landscape with their current setup for a bit longer, but I'm sure they'll eventually get even the larger tablets' UI unified to be the same as that of the phones and 7" tablets.

It seems likely that the Xoom will be the first 10" to get JB, so maybe we'll see what happens when that goes down.

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
You make a good point. This is why I'm stuck between Nexus 7 and Gtab 2 7.0. I like the tablet feel.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I've been using a Toshiba Excite 7.7 review unit in portrait mode for the past few days, to kind of emulate the Nexus 7 UI. I've found it surprisingly comfortable, more so than I thought. In fact, as I've turned in landscape while in the launcher, it's actually felt kind of squished.

That said, I can't imagine them doing the same for 10" tablets. Using a 10" tablet in portrait is just downright uncomfortable.

Sent from my AT270 using Tapatalk 2

jm0

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
From what I've heard JB does have a tablet UI tucked in somewhere, whether its possible to use on the N7 is unknown, but im sure the devs can figure something out.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
From what I've heard JB does have a tablet UI tucked in somewhere, whether its possible to use on the N7 is unknown, but im sure the devs can figure something out.

Someone was able to emulate the standard tablet UI with jelly bean so I'm sure it's still there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown